View Full Version : looking for some suggestions ideas

Jreis
12-31-2004, 05:57 PM
Hello all,

I am a consultant who sees about 15 or so different clients per week. All which I write seperate notes on (so I can keep track of who I do what with lol).
Anyway I currently just hand write out my notes on a pre-printed form I have. However this is what I would like to do since I have my Pocket PC (Dell Axim)
I want to have a pre-designed form in my pocket pc in which I could just enter in the info I need to write in the appropriate text boxes and then when I get back to my office I would like to be able to print this form on my printer and have it comeout full page with the correct images on the top of the form (i.e. my company logo etc).

The issue I have now is that if I try to load the form I use that was created on my desktop pc, it's too big (wide) and I am not sure how to make it automaticlly resize to my screen or work it out so the form does not look all unorginized also I need to work it out so when I fill out the form on my pocketpc I can easyly have it printed out in a full page orginized fashion like the way my current printed forms look. Anyway any suggestions. I am not sure if it is clear what I am asking. I thoughn maybe I need to look to see if their is PDF program for pocketpc and create something in their?
thanks all for suggestions.

Menneisyys
12-31-2004, 06:04 PM
Adobe's Acrobat Reader 2.0 supports forms:

www.adobe.com/products/ acrobat/pdfs/acrrppc_user_guide.pdf :

"play PDF slideshows, print on Hewlett-Packard (HP) printers, fill out Adobe Form Designer forms"

Menneisyys
12-31-2004, 06:05 PM
and a local article, even showing an example of fill-in forms:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/mobile/index.php?action=expand,32904

Jreis
12-31-2004, 06:15 PM
I went to cnet.com and saw some negative reviews about adobe Reader for pocketpc so I was unsure if maybe their was a better way.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Menneisyys
12-31-2004, 06:22 PM
yeah, it's certainly slow and bloated as a book reader when compared to e.g. RepliGo, Mobipocket or uBook, but for filling in fill-in forms, seems to be great.

newst
01-01-2005, 12:55 AM
Check out this database system from Gavasoft. It's form based and free for personal use.

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35428&highlight=database+form

Jreis
01-03-2005, 01:27 AM
Does anyone know a good tutorial how I can create a pdf form that will work on my pocketpc? I tried making a form in Adobe6.0 then when I open it in my pocketpc adobe reader it does not see it as a form with text boxes and check boxes. Although if I open the same form in my desktop computers adobe reader program it sees and lets me type in the text boxes etc.

and help please thanks