View Full Version : Are there any places i can download local white pages to my PPC?

HexiumVII
12-31-2004, 12:56 PM
It would be awesome to have almost every listed # with you all the time without having to waste money on directory assitance and such.

Lex
12-31-2004, 02:50 PM
You may have seen www.superpages.com and www.peoplepages.com . If your PPC has web access, you got it. The download would be cool too but imagine the size of that file.

Menneisyys
12-31-2004, 03:25 PM
You may have seen www.superpages.com and www.peoplepages.com . If your PPC has web access, you got it. The download would be cool too but imagine the size of that file.

Use Mobipocket. The practical maximum size of the original HTML/TXT to be converted to PDB/PRC file is some 250 Mbytes. Even searching in large files like this is tolerably fast - 10-15 minutes at most on current machines. I've done this a lot - downloaded entire uBB / phpBB discussion boards with my Mobipocket MWC add-on page-merger proxy server. I also had sometimes 100-200 Mbytes of input HTML. Had no problems with reading/searching in them (except for the relative slowness of searching).

I think it'll fit in this about 250 Mbytes, if you cripple out the unnecessary HTML markup / other stuff and only include the important stuff.

Check out http://menneisyys.freeweb.hu/mwc on how it can all be accomplished. Be warned: you'll have to do some config editing, or, in a worse case, Java language hand-coding. But all this can be done in a few hours.