View Full Version : How can I remove a Microdrive from a 4705?

btorbik
12-31-2004, 06:30 AM
:?: I recently purchased and inserted into my 4705 a 4GB Hitachi Microdrive. I'd like to remove it from the 4705, but there doesn't seem to be any means by which it can be easily taken out. I've seen other comments to the effect that I should place a piece of tape on the drive or similar, but the problem is, the drive is already in the 4705. Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jason Dunn
12-31-2004, 06:54 AM
I used to have similar problems: the solution is a fingernail to get it out, then put some tape on it so it doesn't happen again. ;-)

juni
12-31-2004, 08:24 AM
I wish it had an eject button. I'm using the "tape method" too. :D

riuster
01-18-2005, 05:22 AM
Does anyone have a picture of the BACK....like all CF cards, there is a groove for pull out removal, is there one on the Microdrive?

johnm
01-18-2005, 10:47 AM
Does anyone have a picture of the BACK....like all CF cards, there is a groove for pull out removal, is there one on the Microdrive?

There is no groove on them. Its pretty funny how we all do the same thing - get it stuck the first time, then all come to the same high-tech solution - make a little tab out of tape.

Sven Johannsen
01-18-2005, 05:59 PM
A great option is the little sticky post-it flags that you use to tab documents. Probably some around at most offices. Not as tacky as a piece of tape. Careful work with needle nose pliers usually works the first time. Beyond me why microdrives don't have the little ridge that CF cards have...except that they weren't originally intended to be used in removable situations. I guess when the OEMs figured out they could sell them to us, the didn't bother re-tooling the case with a ridge.

riuster
01-18-2005, 08:44 PM
Hitachi emails me this....please check

There are no fingernail slots on our Microdrive. However, there is a slight
groove that you can not see that is under the paper. You can usually hook
your fingernails onto this slight indentation to remove the drive.
Thank you for contacting Hitachi GST.
Dan H.