View Full Version : Canīt remove local area code from outlook/contacts/wmobile

arliss
12-31-2004, 03:16 AM
Hello

I am a new user changing from Tungsten E to a Qtek 2020. Very impressed!

However, my outlook 2000 automatically adds my local area code (in parenthesis) before any number I enter on my contacts. The contacts are transferred to the ppc with this format, thus.
I canīt make local calls using the contacts! I need to dial only the phone number without any local code. Iīve tried dialing rules, no result.
HELP PLEASE?

MS Activesync 3.7.1
Wmobile phone edition 2003
Thanks

Cybrid
01-02-2005, 10:54 AM
Check in the options/ tools settings for contacts itself, maybe it's in there?

Menneisyys
01-02-2005, 11:49 AM

He can also use the standardized

+<country nr><area code><phone number>

at entering all the new numbers. Outlook (neither on the PPC nor on the desktop) won't put any prefix before numbers of that format.

Cybrid
01-02-2005, 11:47 PM

He can also use the standardized

+<country nr><area code><phone number>

at entering all the new numbers. Outlook (neither on the PPC nor on the desktop) won't put any prefix before numbers of that format.
Except that doesn't solve the dialing out in ten digits....
I'm hoping that there is a setting in contacts to disable ten digit dialing.

As a newbie, I found it strange that altering the area code and rules in connections didn't automatically make contacts use the right area code. It kept giving me "425" instead of "604" until I discovered the tools/options in contacts.

One thing though...is this an unsupported phone on your network? Your service provider might know...?
Also when I put 1-604-123-4567 on my phone, the cell network accepts the local call anyway snce the network strips the un-needed prefix?

Menneisyys
01-03-2005, 10:50 AM
Iīve tried dialing rules, no result.

If you meant Connectivity's disabled-by-default Dialing Rules (Connectivity/ Advanced / Dialing Rules), it has nothing to do with non-data calls.

HexiumVII
01-05-2005, 07:11 AM
wow my SX66 won't dial if there is no area code...kinda reversed :p