View Full Version : Pocket Hack Master 2004 settings

humayunl
12-30-2004, 10:07 AM
I just installed PHM2004 after lots of good reviews. I have some quesitons... the first quesiton is:

- How does the cpu scaling work with Phone devices? I mean if I set it to
run on a low clock speed (say 100) when the device is "idle", will it affect
the phone in any way?
- When my PPC is off (standby, screen off or whatever you wanna call it,
basically 'm not actively using it) how IDLE is it anyway?

Now specific PHM 2004 questions..

The first thing i'm supposed to do is to run the "speed configuration" module ot determine which speeds are useable on my device. (I have an Imate btw). There are three different kinds of combination for speed configuration...
- Turbo, 1.0x SDRAM
- Run + Turbo, 1.0x SDRAM
- Run + Turbo, 0.5x + 1.0x SDRAM

Should I test speed under all of these? What if my device passes all the tests under each?
Is 531Mhz under "Turbo, 1.0x SDRAM" a better speed than 531Mhz under "Run + Turbo, 0.5x + 1.0x SDRAM" etc. ?

Needless to say, the documentation for PHM2004 has ways to go. I have yet to see how good the app performs but from the looks of it and the reviews, i have reasonable hopes.

I havent even gone past the speed configuration so if anyone has any pointers regarding the other modules and ideal settings, all info will be apreciated.

Ripper014
12-30-2004, 11:47 PM
Documentation is on the way... if you want to ask questions it would probably be best to post it at the PHM forum...

http://www.antontomov.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi

HexiumVII
12-31-2004, 01:56 AM
don't expect PMH to increase battery life much, its mostly for performance improvments. Xscales are built for power efficiency, unlike desktop processors they consume very low power, the current 400MHz consume less power than 100Mhz ARMs

humayunl
01-04-2005, 07:00 AM
Been a week and no response at the PHM forum.

Any experienced users here that can help me out?