View Full Version : Wifi to bluetooth automatic fall back?

Greybard
12-29-2004, 04:08 PM
Greetings all!

I have WiFi set up on my PDA, I also can log on to my blue tooth enabled phone and use AT&T's network.

I have to manually select which one I want to use under network.

Anyway to get my phone to automatically switch to bluetooth/AT&T if no WiFi is available?

Thanks,

HB

Menneisyys
12-29-2004, 04:27 PM
I have to manually select which one I want to use under network.

Actually, you can access the mobile connection by clicking the Connectivity icon located left from your volume icon on the taskbar. (I assume you have WM2003+ - in PPC2k2 and prev WinCE versions, there was no Connectivity icon) - there is, then, no need for going deep into Settings/ Connections/ Network cards.

I too use my PL720 the same way. Logging into a Wi-Fi network is a two taps on Today (enable Wi-Fi; WZC takes care of the rest). And, when I can't access Wi-Fi, I just press the Connectivity icon on the taskbar, and press the link of my (GPRS) connection there.

Feel free to ask further question on this subject if you want to - actually, I've even written a 150-kbyte-text article on it - feel free to check it out at http://menneisyys.freeweb.hu/gprs . (It's in a Finno-Ugric language, not in English, however.)