View Full Version : ActiveSync and windows XP firewall

phantom4099
12-29-2004, 12:15 PM
I am having a problem syncing my Ipaq 3955 (PPC 2002- with a d-link wifi card) with activsynce when the windows firewall is enabled. If I disable it I can synce my pda through an access point or an ad hoc network fairly reliably. I checked the exceptions, and enabled anything that delt with activesync.

Oddly enough I can sometimes synce my PDA through the access point if I disable then enable my wireless card in my laptop (windows XP home sp2). When I do this, I can usually disconnect and reconnect a few times before it prevents me from getting on (I would then have to disable, then re-enable the card to get it working again). I am not sure the exact amount of time it allows me to be on, but I have been able to do a full back up...

I also don't have any problems with the firewall when using a VNC viewer to access my laptop screen when running with the access point or in ad hoc mode.

Any help would be really appricated.
Wyatt W.

drowe
12-29-2004, 12:56 PM
I found this tutorial, might give it a try and see if there is anything different in your setup.

http://www.wifizard.com/tutorialsXP/sync/index.htm[/url]

phantom4099
12-30-2004, 05:57 AM
I looked at that page when I was setting up my connection, unfortantly it did not offer any new info about the my firewall problem (it works just great with it off- but when on it only rarely works).

Wyatt W.

phantom4099
12-30-2004, 02:22 PM
Okay, I noticed something else that does not work unless I disable the firewall. I can no longer share my files with other people on my network, and I use to be able to do this with the firewall enabled.

Wyatt W.