View Full Version : problems with activesync

okkervil
12-29-2004, 12:02 AM
ok, here's my problem. i've been using my ipaq rz1715 (yea i know it's kinda crappy but for me it works) to watch movies and such but lately whenever i try to copy over a movie or something it seems to restart the copying over and over and it never actually copies it over. i've never had any problems before this and i dunno what's causing it. i just simply cannot get anything on the sd card anymore. even though there's plenty of room and everything.

any clues?

Darius Wey
12-29-2004, 03:53 AM
Are you doing this over a USB connection or some sort of wireless connection (with an SDIO BT or Wi-Fi card, since the rz1715 lacks wireless functionality)? Also, do you have a card reader?

okkervil
12-29-2004, 05:37 AM
im doing this through USB. and no i don't have a card reader. i've just been writing to the card via the PPC

Darius Wey
12-29-2004, 06:02 AM
The USB ActiveSync transfer method is nothing fantastic, so I'm not exactly totally surprised you're encountering these errors. Have you tried another PC and seeing if that works?

okkervil
12-29-2004, 06:04 AM
i haven't tried it on another computer yet, but it's only just recently that ive been having problems. i was able to transfer whole 200mb movies over before and now it just won't do it for some reason. should i just buy a card reader/writer and do it that way?

Darius Wey
12-29-2004, 06:09 AM
i haven't tried it on another computer yet, but it's only just recently that ive been having problems. i was able to transfer whole 200mb movies over before and now it just won't do it for some reason. should i just buy a card reader/writer and do it that way?

In short, yes. We could sit here and try and debug the whole problem, but the easiest remedy would be to purchase an SD card reader or a multi-card reader. They're dirt cheap - I just purchased a multi-card reader for A$30, so I imagine that they would be very cheap in your country as well. Besides, file transfer will be a lot quicker.

okkervil
12-29-2004, 08:06 AM
alrighty, i'll try that. thanks.