View Full Version : Still have an E-100

gadgetchick
12-28-2004, 05:34 AM
I LOVED my E-100 when it worked, especially the astronomy program I bought for it. Unfortunately, it stopped working. I think it might just be a problem with the battery (since it won't charge up and won't turn on). Does anyone have an opinion about what's wrong with it? I would really like to get it running again and am not interested in buying a new pocket pc. :cry:

Darius Wey
12-28-2004, 05:40 AM
Hi gadgetchick, welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts. :)

If I may ask, what were you last doing before it stopped working? Perhaps a few more details would be great - e.g programs installed, how long you've had the device, etc.

gadgetchick
12-28-2004, 05:55 AM
Hi Darius! :D

Well, I bought the E-100 when it first came out. The last time I tried to use it was about 2 years ago. I went to turn it on and only half the screen would light up. It had probably been a couple of months since I had used it prior to that. I hadn't charged it during that time (2 years ago) or since, so I was hoping it was just the battery. I never dropped it or mistreated it before or after it stopped working either.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Darius Wey
12-28-2004, 06:04 AM
The last time I tried to use it was about 2 years ago. I went to turn it on and only half the screen would light up. It had probably been a couple of months since I had used it prior to that. I hadn't charged it during that time (2 years ago) or since, so I was hoping it was just the battery.

Wow. Two years is a long time. The battery easily would have drained over that period, and all your data probably would have been wiped too. You could get a new battery, although supply may be sparse and the cost may be a little high seeing as though there probably aren't that many new batteries for the device. Also, I'm sure your backup battery may have depleted over that time too.

Try connecting the device to a power source, and try and perform a hard reset (hold the power button and push the stylus in the reset button for around two seconds). Any luck? If not, I'd consider getting a new battery (if they're available). But even then, that may not solve the problem. It may have just had its day, but it's hard to say at this stage.

gadgetchick
12-28-2004, 06:11 AM
Just tried the hard reset and nothing happened. :( I was thinking of trying to replace the backup battery first before shelling out the big bucks for the Li-ion battery.

I did find a site that sells the Li-ion battery for $35, which is the cheapest I have found so far.

If that astronomy program wasn't the best I have found, I probably would bother with trying to get this to work!! :)

socrates63
03-25-2005, 09:04 PM
My E100 was acting the same as yours. I found someone at work who had a working E100. I took his battery and put it in mine, and voila, my E100 came to life.

I'd love to get a new battery but as you found out, the battery costs a bundle. And my current PC doesn't have the necessary serial port.

MitchellO
04-01-2005, 06:06 AM
Check ebay for damaged units with compatible and working batteries. You may grab a bargain on one, and get the battery and some accessories!