View Full Version : Extended 2450 mAh Battery Pack Warranty

Bob Anderson
12-27-2004, 06:41 PM
OK...

I am becoming more and more disgusted with the HP handling of Pocket PC support. (As if the termination of the 54/55xx series wasn't enough alone to get me to dump my years old loyalty to Compaq/HP handheld products.)

In September, I was at a Fry's in Las Vegas, NV. I purchased one of the HP Extended Batteries for my iPaq 5455. Well, long story short, I never installed it, until this past weekend. I put the battery in, put the iPaq on the charger, and thought life was good. That is, until I noticed that the light wasn't blinking on the iPaq (to signify charging the battery.)

I thought that was weird, since my other battery works fine.

So what do I do? I go out and buy the stand charger, thinking for some reason that maybe it would charge the battery better than the cradle would. I put the battery on the adapter and then popped it into the stand and no light either. I left the battery on the charger overnight thinking it would eventually charge.

Nope. No charge.

So I call HP support.

They inform me that if I buy the battery from them (HP) I get a one year warranty, but if I buy it from an authorized reseller, I only get 90 days! (Of course, first they told me I only get one year if I purchased the battery with the iPaq, otherwise it's 90 days. (That's until I pointed them to the website that shows the one year warranty :devilboy: ))

I argued on the phone for nearly an hour. (Good grief, I say) Where we ended it was that they were going to escalate it to their highest level customer service (can you say, "not in India").

In the meantime, I'm wondering if anyone else has had this kind of experience? What have others had for a warranty on a brand new battery from HP?

Any advice or stories will be much appreciated.

Thanks,