View Full Version : Turning off Pocket PC

Jack Pearce
12-26-2004, 02:12 PM
Hi everyone,

Just this christmas I got a HP iPaq Pocket PC but everytime i press the power off button the wireless lan light continues to flash and aftera few minutes it turns back on automatically. How do I turn it off fully? 8O

Thanks! :)

pnjm
12-26-2004, 02:48 PM
Congratulations on your new PDA! I received an iPAQ rx3715 from "Mr. C" this year myself.

To turn off wireless completely, go PROGRAMS-IPAQ WIRELESS-ALL OFF.

Season's Greetings & Kind Regards

PN

Jack Pearce
12-26-2004, 02:50 PM
Ok thanks!

Season greetings to you too :)

Sven Johannsen
12-26-2004, 07:31 PM
I can't be absolutely sure on the newer iPAQs, but you should not have to turn wireless off to shut off the PPC.

1) are you sure you aren't just shutting off the backlight? Typically a long press on the power button is set up to shut of the backlight by default. A long press turns it back on. Just a quick push on the power button is on/off, but it is not always instantaneous, so it is easy to think you need to hold it down longer.

2) As far as turning back on, you might check through the settings in AS on your PPC to see if maybe there is one set to sync at some interval when a radio (WiFi, BT) is on. There are a number of Tabs and option buttons in there. make sure most everything is set to manual.

pnjm
12-27-2004, 01:27 PM
I agree that a short press on the power button turns off the PDA, though there may be a bit of a lag.

Haven't quite had a chance to check out the wireless settings in full myself. Will post back to this forum if I find anything relevant.

PN

I can't be absolutely sure on the newer iPAQs, but you should not have to turn wireless off to shut off the PPC.

1) are you sure you aren't just shutting off the backlight? Typically a long press on the power button is set up to shut of the backlight by default. A long press turns it back on. Just a quick push on the power button is on/off, but it is not always instantaneous, so it is easy to think you need to hold it down longer.

2) As far as turning back on, you might check through the settings in AS on your PPC to see if maybe there is one set to sync at some interval when a radio (WiFi, BT) is on. There are a number of Tabs and option buttons in there. make sure most everything is set to manual.