View Full Version : Change in Letter Recognizer Convention After Reset

Lex
12-22-2004, 04:16 PM
I had a software related auto-soft-reset today and now I have lost the ability to make a 'T' or 'I' in the Letter Recognizer in any app. Oddly, I can force an 'I' or 'i' to display by doing an upstroke, and a 'T' or 't' by doing a 7, which is not the way to make those characters in Letter Recognizer. Anyone have experience in this?

kwong26
12-23-2004, 12:01 AM
I had that issue too before, but that was because I had PocketBreeze v4.2.05 installed on my PPC. There's something wrong with the D-Pad setting that caused mine to not recognize the second stroke of certain letters. To get mine back, I unchecked the PB D-Pad settings.

If you don't have PB installed, try closing all processes and running today plugins. Try to use the LR then and if it works, it's something on your PPC. Slowly start each program back up and see which one is causing the issue. It's painful, but that worked for me.

Lex
12-23-2004, 12:03 AM
Thanks kwong26 that was it exactly. True to form, Amit the Pocket Breeze developer answered within minutes. I only posted here in case it wasn't related to PB. He'll have it fixed soon but it's an easy workaround. Thanks again.