View Full Version : HP IPAQ RX3715 Bluetooth Problem??

gelokid
12-22-2004, 06:25 AM
I am trying to set-up my IPAQ RX3715 with my T68i phone. I don't know if its my ipaq's bluetooth is defective or if it is my phone.

Anyway, I have some questions regarding the RX3715 bluetooth. I hope there's someone who can answer my questions.

1. In the bluetooth manager, the serial port service only has COM6 (inbound) and COM8 (outbound)--it wont allow me to change it. I read from some forums that most connections were done using a bluetooth port--something like BTC1...BTCn. How do I set those port in my RX3715?

2. When I select Explore a Bluetooth Device under the bluetooth connection wizard, my T68i only returns the following services...Dial Up, Serial Port 1 and Serial Port 2. Are there other services missing?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Gelo

Mr_Blonde
12-29-2004, 10:23 AM
Did you update to the newest ROM from hp.com/support?

Menneisyys
12-29-2004, 12:40 PM
1. In the bluetooth manager, the serial port service only has COM6 (inbound) and COM8 (outbound)--it wont allow me to change it. I read from some forums that most connections were done using a bluetooth port--something like BTC1...BTCn. How do I set those port in my RX3715?

You only have to choose the Dial-Up Networking (DUN) service from the phone's service list. Otehrs are not needed - don't pay any attention to them, they won't ever be needed, not even if you use SMS editors/ phone synch'ers on your PDA.

BTW, this DUN is what people are referring to as BCT1:

(Incidentally, I've written a lot about PPC BT stuff / connectivity issues in my articles http://www.pdamania.hu/content/1840 and http://www.freeweb.hu/menneisyys/gprs/ . Unfortunately, they're non-English.)

2. When I select Explore a Bluetooth Device under the bluetooth connection wizard, my T68i only returns the following services...Dial Up, Serial Port 1 and Serial Port 2. Are there other services missing?

Nope, it's perfectly ok: the t68(i) isn't capable of more BT server-side profiles. OBEX file transfer, for example, only came with the t610, as far as Sony-Ericsson is concerned.

Jason Dunn
01-03-2005, 06:01 AM
Moved to the iPAQ forum...