View Full Version : CleanW.exe file - What is this?

kwong26
12-21-2004, 11:49 PM
I was putting some shortcuts in my Windows\Startup folder and noticed that I also have this CleanW.exe program (~7kb) sitting there. not really sure what it does and what it's doing there, but figured I'd ask everyone here. When you tap it, nothing happens, so i dunno what to think. :?

MPSmith
12-22-2004, 01:14 AM
I'll bet its a remnant from some program that you deleted. Maybe Tweaks2k2? Just a guess...

Darius Wey
12-22-2004, 04:57 AM
I was putting some shortcuts in my Windows\Startup folder and noticed that I also have this CleanW.exe program (~7kb) sitting there. not really sure what it does and what it's doing there, but figured I'd ask everyone here. When you tap it, nothing happens, so i dunno what to think. :?

What programs have you got installed on your PPC? Also, what programs have you previously installed and uninstalled. Either it's being used now, or it's a remnant of a program as MPSmith suggested. Give us a list, and we should be able to filter them out and give you the results you're looking for. ;)

kwong26
12-22-2004, 05:51 AM
i have installed and uninstalled soooooo many trial programs that it could be any one of them.......just wanted to make sure that it's not something necessary for the PPC to work.

you can click on the WWW link to see the list of programs i've installed on my PPC at one time or another....

Darius Wey
12-22-2004, 06:08 AM
Looking at the list, it could actually be Tweaks2K2 .NET as MPSmith guessed. However, better not jump to assumptions here. ctitanic, who is the man behind the program, visits the forums quite often, so he'll know whether the EXE file is a part of the program or not.

kwong26
12-23-2004, 12:02 AM
I guess what I can do is wait and hope until ctitanic sees this post. :)

Thanks!

wongdt
01-11-2005, 06:36 PM
Thanks to you guys for giving the hint that it might be a Tweak2k2 file. I emailed Tweak2k2 tech support telling them that sometimes when I do a soft reset I get a message that CleanW.exe has encountered a error. Only options I get is close window or view detail which doesn't say much. I got a reply this morning from them.

you can delete that file with not problem. that file is used only if
you have changed or tried to change the keyboard skin and it should
be delete by Tweaks2k2 is you open the keyboard tricks screen after
applying that trick. Anyway, yes, you can delete that file.

<[email protected]> wrote:
(01/11/2005 00:18)