View Full Version : How to cold boot ipaq

BOBALOUEE
12-20-2004, 04:18 PM
Is method to do a cold boot ipaq "hardware or software"
My ipaq 3765 is locked on the initial boot screen & will not continue boot up. I have tried Soft reset, Hard reset, connecting to sync but nothing. Only soft reset button & left side bottom switch has & effect. No other buttons or stylus touch will make any change. When plugged into cradle battery charge light does not come on. Problem started with & error message "loss of communication with expansion pack". Before that everything worked fine. I have to shut off the hard reset switch or it will stay on the initial red & white boot screen with the operating version 2.20 at bottom right corner.
Any suggestion would help. This is & older unit & not worth sending in for repair.

emuelle1
12-20-2004, 05:46 PM
It's still a good unit. I have one.

Look up the ROM image on HP's website, and try to follow the instructions to reinstall the ROM. If not, I think Ipaq Repair http://www.ipaqrepair.com/ipaqrepaircenter.html will do it for $25, which isn't bad.

BOBALOUEE
12-21-2004, 05:15 AM
I can not reinstall 2.20 unless it will sync to desktop. Is there an other method to get it to sync or hard boot it?