View Full Version : AnantGo issues - Problem with Installation

Paula
12-17-2004, 11:03 PM
Hello,
I have had my PPC for a year now and last year I tried to install avantgo and had a problem, but I thought it was my old pc. Well now I have a super-duper media center edition laptop and I just tried to install avantgo (and create a new account) and am having major problems with the last part of the installation. The part where you configure the device and connect to the server to sync. The message is MALFILE.EXE has encountered a problem ...etc. That is all I get unless I open up the report and I get bunches of technical data (typical 0 and 1 stuff) I don't understand.

Can someone please help me?

Do I need to uninstall and try again? or is there something I did wrong? I have an ipaq 2215 and an HP ZD7000+ media center series laptop.

portnoy
12-18-2004, 05:33 PM
Yeah, I'd say do a complete uninstall of the AvantGo client and give it another shot. Make sure it's gone from both your device and your host computer. Then go through the complete install and config steps. The only problem I've had installing it has been with the newest version and that cleared up as soon as I realised the new '05 version does not seem to live within PIE but has its own icon in Programs.

ctmagnus
12-19-2004, 04:31 AM
I just did a Fdisk and reinstall of my desktop today, and using the default AvantGo settings that are installed with AS 3.7.1 (with different username and password, of course) worked fine for me.

Darius Wey
12-19-2004, 04:45 AM
The only problem I've had installing it has been with the newest version and that cleared up as soon as I realised the new '05 version does not seem to live within PIE but has its own icon in Programs.

It's worth remembering that the 2005 version is still in beta, so those wishing to try it should bear that in mind.

christak
12-19-2004, 05:38 AM
The only problem I've had installing it has been with the newest version and that cleared up as soon as I realised the new '05 version does not seem to live within PIE but has its own icon in Programs.

It's worth remembering that the 2005 version is still in beta, so those wishing to try it should bear that in mind.

I'm not sure what you mean by 2005 version, but AvantGo version 5.7 build 35 has been released and is *not* in Beta... (i.e. if you go to AvantGo and download the current software, 5.7 is what you get.) I've installed it on my 2210 and it works fine.
8)

Ripper014
12-19-2004, 05:47 AM
I remember there was an issue with the older executables... the only way I was able to install it was after a hard reset... I believe it is a known issue... and if you were to do some research... you would fine that this was the only way to get Avantgo to work. Hopefully the new installer has corrected this...

Darius Wey
12-19-2004, 05:48 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by 2005 version, but AvantGo version 5.7 build 35 has been released and is *not* in Beta... (i.e. if you go to AvantGo and download the current software, 5.7 is what you get.) I've installed it on my 2210 and it works fine.
8)

The 2005 tag was applied to Version 5.x when it was still in beta. I haven't used AvantGo in a long time, but I just had a look and you're right. It is out of beta... Oh, how time flies! :)

Paula
12-21-2004, 07:17 AM
Latest update. uninstalled avantgo and then re-installed it. The second time it worked like a charm. Thanks for your posts.