View Full Version : HP Stereo Bluetooth Headphones

jemichael
12-16-2004, 11:44 PM
I ordered the HP Stereo Bluetooth Headphones from hpshopping.com. I know it says it is for iPAQ only - but the guy from hpshopping said it should work with any bluetooth compadible device including my HP DV1000 Media Notebook.

Well.. I got the unit and after 2 hours of tech support - no luck. Got a RMA number and I am waiting for them to pick it up tomorrow.

But in the mean time.. I am curious if anybody has gotten this to work with something other than a HP iPAQ...

I just find it weird that HP would make such a nice pair of Bluetooth Stereo Headphones and limit it to just there iPAQ PocketPC's! I mean why wouldnt they have drivers that would allow it to work on there Pavilion Notebooks with Bluetooth? I mean it just makes sense right?

I understand if it will not work with my PDA2k.. But man - it should have worked with my DV1000. I was hoping to use them for music and movies on my notebook for flights/travel. Using it on my PDA2k would have been a plus - but it doesnt connect.

Anyone else have any experience? I have till tomorrow morning to cancel the pickup if someone knows of a way these would work. Thanks!

John

powerbook17
12-21-2004, 02:18 AM
no this will not ever work with another device unless
A. HP releases a driver for other devices (they won't)
or B. someone else creates a driver (highly doubtfull since they can only make mono not stereo) How HP created a stereo audio bluetooth profile is anyone's guess :cry:
It was foolish to think it would work with anything besides ipaqs since the compatibility outline was clearly listed

Sven Johannsen
12-21-2004, 03:52 AM
I was hoping to use them for music and movies on my notebook for flights/travel.

Can't use BT on an airplane as it is, so that wouldn't have been a reason to keep them. Don't believe that just because the FCC OK'd WiFi, that the FAA has, or the airlines have, or that BT is automatically included.