View Full Version : HELP!!! Task Error Problem Very Urgent Please

FrozenIpaq
12-15-2004, 01:34 AM
When i enter a task and exit, the task is deleted and when i try to check of a task it says "Error: No Program memory availabe. Tap Start > Settings > System tab > Memory, stop programs that did not automatically stop, and try again"

I am clueless to what this means, and i can not get rid of it even by reseting. and can not connect with active sync either!!

emuelle1
12-15-2004, 01:59 AM
How much memory do you have allotted to running programs? I find that sometimes when I install that one program that's larger than I bargained for, or get an email with lots of attachments, it takes my RAM and automatically adjusts it into the memory allocated for running programs. Then nothing wants to work.

FrozenIpaq
12-15-2004, 02:03 AM
i have 16.22 mb free of program, 13.78 mb free of storage, and the allocated for program is 25.61, and 31.48 for storage.

Darius Wey
12-15-2004, 07:30 AM
Are you using the native Pocket Outlook interface, or a third-party PIM program?

FrozenIpaq
12-15-2004, 12:26 PM
i am not using any third party applications, well PIM i mean,

Darius Wey
12-15-2004, 01:01 PM
Ok, jumping the gun here (I should have asked this earlier ;)), but what other programs do you have installed?

FrozenIpaq
12-15-2004, 02:17 PM
Installed Thrid Parties:
Bejeweld 2
Morphgear
Pocket Nester
Packed Periodic Table
Wisbar Advance 2
Targus IR Keyboard (Driver)
Conduits Pocket Artist 1.14
And Pocket Music Bundle Pack

note: never had problems with any of these before, could i have a virus of some sort on PPC? I am still looking at Microsoft help.

At School Now :P do not tell, but im using word now to enter tasks

Darius Wey
12-15-2004, 02:22 PM
note: never had problems with any of these before, could i have a virus of some sort on PPC? I am still looking at Microsoft help.

I doubt it. The chances of being infected by a PPC virus are minimal, and I don't think Duts or Brador are designed to target the Tasks database in particular.

At School Now :P do not tell, but im using word now to enter tasks

:rotfl:

Darius Wey
12-15-2004, 02:28 PM
Try this when you get home. Backup your existing .PST file in Outlook on the PC, and see if you can start fresh on a new .PST file and then synchronise the PC and the PPC. Try and create new tasks on both the PC and PPC and see if these sync. If that doesn't work, let me know.

FrozenIpaq
12-15-2004, 09:04 PM
Well, wut's PST? and i deleted all my tasks on outlook and such, all old, but on my PPC i can not create any tasks when i am not synced so i believe it is a problem with the PPC not the comp connection

Darius Wey
12-16-2004, 04:39 AM
Well, wut's PST?

It's the file with which Outlook stores all it's PIM data.

and i deleted all my tasks on outlook and such, all old, but on my PPC i can not create any tasks when i am not synced so i believe it is a problem with the PPC not the comp connection

But evidently, as you suggested as well, it seems to be a Pocket PC problem. Now I'm interested to see if it's a problem with the Tasks database in particular, or the Pocket Outlook interface. Try downloading a trial version of Agenda Fusion or Pocket Informant and install it. From there, see if you can create tasks within the interface of one of those programs.

FrozenIpaq
12-16-2004, 07:01 PM
lol, thought of that, but active sync can not connect hence no installation of them at school once again :P

FrozenIpaq
12-16-2004, 09:21 PM
Well, i have decided to do a Hard Reset of my device, even without backing most up due to the fact of no active sync, so i have most of my documents and other important information on SD Card and will reset it. Thanks for you support, sorry for time but o well, hard reset seemed to be only answer

Darius Wey
12-17-2004, 04:38 AM
Well, i have decided to do a Hard Reset of my device, even without backing most up due to the fact of no active sync, so i have most of my documents and other important information on SD Card and will reset it. Thanks for you support, sorry for time but o well, hard reset seemed to be only answer

I know. I was planning on trying every avenue to get you to avoid a hard reset - which would otherwise involve a painstaking process of reinstallation and restoration. And don't worry - it wasn't a waste of my time. ;) But glad to see it's all worked out in the end.