View Full Version : How to set up email to 1 PC when device is shared between 2 PCs

jokester
12-14-2004, 08:50 PM
I am using a rx3715 on both a laptop and home workstation both running XP Pro and MS Outlook 2003. I would like to use sync 1 email POP3 account via the laptop when cradled. That email account is not accessed by the 2nd PC.

Activesync is preventing me from doing this stating: "Mail cannot be sync because this mobile device has a partnership with more than one desktop computer. To sync email messages, ... delete partnership ...select the option to set up a partnership with only this computer".

Any advice? (and I hope I made my question clear) :?:

emuelle1
12-14-2004, 08:56 PM
Your question is perfectly clear. I've been there and done that.

What you have to do is to set up the partnership that you will sync email with first. Once you have that up and running, then you set up the other partnership. At least, that's the way my device has always been. You will have to delete the second partnership to make the first one think it's the primary.

I tried a program called "Pocket Multi Sync", thinking that it would allow me to sync 2 email accounts, but that didn't work out the way I'd hoped. It does allow you to sync with more than 2 computers though, but you still only get email on one of them.