View Full Version : Canada Customs

Golfer
12-14-2004, 08:30 PM
This is off topic, but I hope you can help given the strong Canada ties on this website.

I am expecting some frieght from Canada, but I am being told that Canada Customs is on high alert and the freight is not flying out.

I am in the UK, and I don't know if what I am being told is right. Can anyone confirm the Canada Customs is on high alert for air frieght.

This is what I am working with:
http://www.bananaguard.com/index.php

This is a serious post, even if the product is a bit wacky.

Thanks in advance.

Don Tolson
12-14-2004, 09:05 PM
Canada and the US have been on 'high alert' since 9/11, pretty much. But both governments realize that they cannot unduly restrict the flow of commerce between the two borders, since both would be hit economically.

That said, my experience has been that there has been some 'minor' delays at getting stuff across the border, but it really depends upon what is being shipped, how it is packaged, and the shipping method.

Stuff that looks a bit weird, is packed in plain brown packages, and using the mail or 'Joes Courier Service' may take a bit longer.

Also, be aware that if the manufacturer sent your item out via regular parcel post, it could take up to 6 weeks to get to Europe. Sometimes the stuff goes out on the next available sea-going vessel, in a container!

ctmagnus
12-15-2004, 01:05 AM
If it's sent via XpressPost, it should arrive within two weeks. The only other options are the next freighter, like Don said, or a courier. I've sent stuff to the UK and it's always arrived within two weeks (via Canada Post's XpressPost). And anything I've received from there always took no more than two weeks as well.

I've received several postcards form Europe recently and even those didn't take too long to get here.