View Full Version : H3765 locked on boot screen & won't reset

BOBALOUEE
12-14-2004, 11:02 AM
My ipaq 3765 is locked on the initial boot screen & will not continue boot up. I have tried Soft reset, Hard reset, connecting to sync but nothing. No buttons or stylus touch will make any change. When plugged into cradle battery charge light does not come on. Problem started with & error message "loss of communication with expansion pack". Before that everything worked fine.
Is this a common problem. Need Help[/code][/quote]

Darius Wey
12-14-2004, 11:15 AM
I've had a unit in the past that has locked at the initial boot screen as well. I think at this stage, the best thing to do would be to call Compaq/HP support and see what solutions they offer (they'll probably repair it for a sum of money).

CAG
02-23-2005, 10:42 PM
BOBALOUEE,

Did you reslove this issue? My 3765 just began doing the same thing...

Have you found a solution?

Also does anyone have the Compaq/HP tech support number/email?

CAG out...

CAG
02-24-2005, 02:08 AM
Well I solved the issue... sort of...

To get the unit to boot past the Compaq startup screen I had to hold the hard reset button for 120 seconds. Once I did that (and I tried many different lengths of time prior to this success) I completely reset the unit back to its original default settings...

So now I have lost all my programs and data, but regained the use of my 3765... Tough tradeoff... but what the heck... Its better then the alternative...

CAG out...