View Full Version : Shouldn't my e830 be waking up for meeting reminders?

Phillip Dyson
12-13-2004, 09:15 PM
I new my PDA was a bit quiet lately.
With my hp2200 I would always have it intermittenly chiming to tell me that I had a meeting coming up or a task due.

But with my Toshiba its not so. Whenever I turn it on, I find that its got notifications backed up.

Does anyone know if there is a setting that I can check to have it wake up for my notifications?

On another note, does it seem that the off for the Toshiba is more like off then sleep like other PDAs?

Brad Adrian
12-13-2004, 09:50 PM
So, if I follow you correctly, your appointment reminders are showing up on the device screen once you turn it on, but it's not "waking up" and alerting you by itself? I haven't owned a Toshiba, but it might be something simple. Go to START>SETTING>SOUNDS AND NOTIFICATIONS. Are the sounds enabled for Notifications?

Are the other sound functions of the device working properly, like screen taps and the ol' Activesync chimes? If NONE of the sounds are working and you definitely have the volume turned up high enough, you may have a more serious problem, requiring repair services.

Phillip Dyson
12-14-2004, 12:24 PM
Thanks.

My sound is enabled for notifications. I may need to contact Toshiba support.

It was all going so well. :(

PatrickD
12-14-2004, 02:06 PM
Wasn't that one of the bugs in PPC2003 that everyone was complaining about? I am still using PPC2002 on my dell x5 and my alarms work fine, but I have heard a lot of complaints. So maybe it is not hardware, but software.

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27840&highlight=alarms

Phillip Dyson
12-14-2004, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the link.
The simptoms seem to be similar. I see tomorrow morning if I notice any difference.

I changed the timeout to 30 seconds from 15.

PatrickD
12-14-2004, 02:39 PM
Here is another alarm thread with a poll.

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34830&highlight=alarms

Phillip Dyson
12-14-2004, 03:13 PM
Thanks.

In hindsight I just went ahead and bumped it up to 170 seconds. That way by tomorrow I can say whether it worked or not. Instead of bumping it up little by little.

Rippeer
12-17-2004, 05:14 AM
Mine seems to work fine. :?

I've had it go off a couples times at work and thought it was someones cell phone. :)