View Full Version : tungsten E to HP 2215

lcatt236
12-11-2004, 05:24 PM
Finally made the switch after lurking here for months. Can't wait to get my shipment. This is my Christmas present to myself. Any advice or tips on switching would be greatly appreciated.

Leslie Catt :)

Steven Cedrone
12-11-2004, 07:04 PM
My first piece of advice is to look through this forum to see what others have encountered after making the switch. The 2215 is a great choice, I think you are going to enjoy using it!

Steve

Yahdie
12-11-2004, 07:14 PM
After fully charging your 2215, update the ROM from the HP site, before installing anything. :)

si

ctmagnus
12-11-2004, 07:22 PM
The two rules of Pocket PCs:

1) Keep them charged!

2) Back them up!

Menneisyys
12-24-2004, 02:10 PM

1) Keep them charged!

2) Back them up!

and, specifically of the 2210 (equals maybe the worst transflective screen ever) for T|E (equals one of the greatest screens with vibrant colors):

3) don't throw the 2210 out of the window as soon as you switch it on and see the sub-par screen "quality" :devilboy:

froesei
01-15-2005, 08:58 PM

1) Keep them charged!

2) Back them up!

and, specifically of the 2210 (equals maybe the worst transflective screen ever) for T|E (equals one of the greatest screens with vibrant colors):

3) don't throw the 2210 out of the window as soon as you switch it on and see the sub-par screen "quality" :devilboy:

If you will note, this individual did not ask whether you approved of his purchase. Not everyone feels every non VGA device is a piece of garbage like you seem to. Sometimes being too opinionated can get a bit grating.

Menneisyys
01-15-2005, 09:24 PM
If you will note, this individual did not ask whether you approved of his purchase. Not everyone feels every non VGA device is a piece of garbage like you seem to. Sometimes being too opinionated can get a bit grating.

There must be some misunderstanding here: where did I state that ALL QVGA devices are POS? Actually, I still actively use my 2210 because it consumes far less power and is better for voice recordings than recent VGA machines. I have never stated QVGA machines are useless.

In this thread, I've only compared the 2210 screen quality to that of the T|E. The difference is pretty shocking, you have to admit. (Before you ask: I own both devices - OK, a Palm Zire 71 instead of the T|E, but they have exactly the same screen - so I know what I'm speaking about.)

EDIT: http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36602 is worth checking out, as far as the QVGA vs. VGA "debate" is concerned :)

froesei
01-15-2005, 10:41 PM
Point taken - carry on then.