View Full Version : iPAQ 2200 ROM update for WM2003 -- Your Experience

doughboy
12-08-2004, 05:27 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Would you recommend updating to ROM 1.1? What tips can you give me to help avoid problems? For those who have upgraded to v1.1, I would appreciate knowing your experience with the process using this poll.

I reviewed forum entries on PPCT and found significant problems for some with updating to v1.1 I depend on Snoopsoft Dashboard daily and noticed forum entries indicating v1.1 forces a white font color. Has this been every Dashboard user's experience?

I am strongly considering purchasing a wifi CF card for my iPAQ 2210 and am leaning toward the Socket card. This card requires the update to ROM 1.1 I have applied a couple of HP's patches but have never upgraded because I have NEVER had major problems with my iPAQ. "If it's not broke, don't fix it."

I depend on my iPAQ so much that I am considering spending the extra $1000 and simply purchasing a wirelessly enabled laptop rather than either bricking my iPAQ or reinstalling and configuring all of my software.

Your replies to this message and responses to this poll would be sincerely appreciated.

delfuhd
12-08-2004, 06:15 AM
Well in regards to reinstalling and reconfiguring.. A hard reset and start-from-scratch isn't a bad idea every now and then. I like to flush out my ppc every month or so.

Anyway, I voted successful. It has been greatly successful, and I am very pleased witht he new ROM. I didn't have any problems with Dashboard that I can think of, I haven't used it in a long time. But I'm fairly positive it worked fine w/ the new ROM.

Also, probably the greatest investment I made into my pocket pc was the SDIO Socket WLAN Card. I understand you may need CF for certain reasons, but I thought I would strongly recommend that product to you. It works great, so great in fact that sometimes I like to leave my wonderful desktop-enabled dorm room and go to the Engineering building on campus here just to sit in a comfortable sitting area and surf the web and such on my pocket pc, even though I could use my desktop.

Personally I have never downgraded ROM versions. I can't think of any time that I wasn't satisfied with the end result of a ROM upgrade, on my 2210 or any other of my ppc's for that matter. I can understand the fear of upgrading ROMs, but well I guess that's just a phobia I don't have on my list :wink: :D

Well anyway, whatever you decide to do, good luck!