View Full Version : keyboard cases

ckufta
12-06-2004, 06:37 AM
I am ordering a x50 and I was looking for a case that would possibly hold the ppc as well as the external foldable keyboard that I also intend to buy. Obviously, it wouldn't be an ultra small case, and I haven't seen anything that is specifically compatible with the x50s. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with any universal cases (probably a zip case) that had the room for a keyboard?

k1darkknight
12-06-2004, 04:34 PM
Obviously, it wouldn't be an ultra small case, and I haven't seen anything that is specifically compatible with the x50s. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with any universal cases

Well, I don't know much about universal cases, but I do know that most cases made for a specific model generally are made to hold JUST the unit itself...I'd say your best bet (in order to protect your PPC itself, when using it w/o the k/b (gotta love acronyms), would be to get a PPC case by itself, and either a separate case for the keyboard, or a separate case that is big enough to hold your keyboard and PPC in its own case. I currently have an HP 2115, in a Rhinoskin aluminum case, but I plan on getting an Axim X50v, and I'm seriously looking at a case from Piel Frama (http://www.pielframa.com), since they have made cases for the X5 and X3 that acommodate the extended batteries for those models (although not for the X30...hmmm...). Hope this helps ya.

TTFN, ta ta for now!
k1darkknight, aka the Case Guru (NOT!)

Ripper014
12-06-2004, 07:51 PM
I have only seen one case like this... and I do not remember if it was Targus or Hp that made it... but it was thick... It was something that I was contemplating at one time but ended up carrying two seperate cases instead. Most keyboard makers provide a case to protect your keyboard... even Targus did at one time... (my last keyboard did not come with a case) I was really disappointed... I contacted Targus and could not even purchase one seperate... I ended up finding something at a local Office Depot that I made suit my needs.