View Full Version : BetaPlayer - sound problems

od1
12-04-2004, 08:30 PM
I can play files with BetaPlayer, but the sound doesn't work... I'm using PocketDivXEncoder.

Any suggestions?

tourdewolf
12-04-2004, 10:13 PM
I can play files with BetaPlayer, but the sound doesn't work... I'm using PocketDivXEncoder.

Any suggestions?

Not to sound sarcastic but I have many times caught myself thinking something was wrong with the sound when in fact I had muted it via the volume icon. No offense just thought I would share.

Also have you validated the right stream in PDE when opening a file to encode? HTH.

od1
12-04-2004, 10:30 PM
It's not your first suggestion, but no offense taken.

Can you give me instructions for what you mean by:
Also have you validated the right stream in PDE when opening a file to encode? HTH.
?

tourdewolf
12-04-2004, 11:02 PM
When you choose a file (I am assuming a VOB file) in PDE a box pops up with a list of audio streams and a radio button "validate this stream". At this point you select a stream to validate.
I have had problems when I select a different stream other than the first one. There again assuming an American English movie. Usually there are several streams with the first being AC3 5.1 or AC361 and the others AC32 etc. The AC35 and AC36 are dolby digital and the others usually stereo 2 channel. For some reason if I select anything other than the first in the list, the audio is out of sync or not there at all.

I don't know if this will solve your problem, but something you might want to check.
HTH.

od1
12-04-2004, 11:07 PM
I can't seem to find that. Maybe I have a weird version... I also noticed that when on BetaPlayer the volume bar for the program itself is dull and can't be moved either way (it's dead).

URG!

Darius Wey
12-05-2004, 03:57 AM
I can't seem to find that. Maybe I have a weird version... I also noticed that when on BetaPlayer the volume bar for the program itself is dull and can't be moved either way (it's dead).

URG!

Does this only occur for a particular video file or for all video files (both personally encoded, and/or sourced from other areas)? Click here (http://www.exceed.hu/~picard/samples/RL_SQB_160x216_192_56.avi) and download this sample file and see if it plays back fine (both video and audio). If not, you can try uninstalling your current version of BetaPlayer and heading over here (http://betaplayer.corecodec.org/download.html) to download the latest 0.094 version.