View Full Version : discounts

jchronowski
12-04-2004, 04:04 AM
how do I get a discount code for handango and pocketgear.com? I have been looking all over the site for the discounts referenced on http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/discounts.php and I registered and logged in to the forums I can't find them anywhere. Please help :?:

webdaemon
12-04-2004, 04:22 AM
Go to the front page at http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/index.php and you will see the discounts button on the left side of the screen under the PPC image at the top.

jchronowski
12-04-2004, 04:27 AM
Found out what the problem is. I have a free ppcthoughts account

webdaemon
12-04-2004, 04:30 AM
Yup, you have to subscribe ot get the discounts. BTW, I paid for my subscription in discounts the first month....

OSUKid7
12-04-2004, 05:11 AM
Yeah, the subscription is definitely worth it. I've paid for it many times over (haven't kept track :lol:).

timcolling
12-05-2004, 04:21 AM
Yup, you have to subscribe ot get the discounts. BTW, I paid for my subscription in discounts the first month....

I intended to purchase a piece of software from Handango this evening and then I saw this thread. So, I figured, why not first subscribe here, and then use the Handango discount for the purchase? So, I subscribed. THEN, after subscribing and paying, and not before that point, I am told that I have to wait up to 72 hours for the site administrator to do something to activate my subscription. So, now I must either make that purchase without the discount, or delay the purchase for three days until my subscription is recognized. <grump, grump> :cry:

OSUKid7
12-05-2004, 04:25 AM
I intended to purchase a piece of software from Handango this evening and then I saw this thread. So, I figured, why not first subscribe here, and then use the Handango discount for the purchase? So, I subscribed. THEN, after subscribing and paying, and not before that point, I am told that I have to wait up to 72 hours for the site administrator to do something to activate my subscription. So, now I must either make that purchase without the discount, or delay the purchase for three days until my subscription is recognized. <grump, grump> :cry:Looks like your subscription is active. You have a subscriber forum badge, so I'm guessing something went through. Try clicking on the Discounts button on the homepage. It may work.

timcolling
12-05-2004, 04:33 AM
I intended to purchase a piece of software from Handango this evening and then I saw this thread. So, I figured, why not first subscribe here, and then use the Handango discount for the purchase? So, I subscribed. THEN, after subscribing and paying, and not before that point, I am told that I have to wait up to 72 hours for the site administrator to do something to activate my subscription. So, now I must either make that purchase without the discount, or delay the purchase for three days until my subscription is recognized. <grump, grump> :cry:Looks like your subscription is active. You have a subscriber forum badge, so I'm guessing something went through. Try clicking on the Discounts button on the homepage. It may work.

Thank you for taking the time to try to help. I tried your suggestion, but it didn't work. - Tim

OSUKid7
12-05-2004, 04:40 AM
Thank you for taking the time to try to help. I tried your suggestion, but it didn't work. - TimAh, then I guess you wait. :| Hopefully it'll be activated soon. Can't you download the trial for now though? Most Pocket PC applications offer trial versions.

timcolling
12-05-2004, 04:42 AM
Thank you for taking the time to try to help. I tried your suggestion, but it didn't work. - TimAh, then I guess you wait. :| Hopefully it'll be activated soon. Can't you download the trial for now though? Most Pocket PC applications offer trial versions.

Thanks again for trying to help.

I already did download the trial, in this case. The application is NetFront. The trial is crippled in a number of ways that make it not very useful, e.g., only 10 Favorites are shown, and only two windows can be opened at once. Still, the overall functionality looks very nice, and I need to find a replacement for PIEPlus now that I have discovered that PIEPlus is not compatible with PocketInformant, at least not on my 5555.

Thanks again for your help. I appreciate that!

Best regards,
Tim

timcolling
12-05-2004, 06:52 AM

I intended to purchase a piece of software from Handango this evening and then I saw this thread. So, I figured, why not first subscribe here, and then use the Handango discount for the purchase? So, I subscribed. THEN, after subscribing and paying, and not before that point, I am told that I have to wait up to 72 hours for the site administrator to do something to activate my subscription. So, now I must either make that purchase without the discount, or delay the purchase for three days until my subscription is recognized. <grump, grump> :cry:

Well, I now apparently have access to the discounts - it's been a few hours. That's not so bad, but I really don't understand why they cannot make access to the discounts be automatic and instant once you have successfully subscribed.

- Tim

ipaq_wannabe
12-05-2004, 12:48 PM
yeah... same inquiry over here - i think that i have waited for about a couple of days before my subscription has been fully “recognized”

luckily for me, i wasnt trying to buy any software or something

-@PIE@Loox