View Full Version : Wireless CF cards

one4waves
12-03-2004, 04:12 PM
I recently bought a Linksys WCF12 wireless card for my iPAQ, but can't get it to work. After installing the software & drivers, I plugged in the card and the LED comes on for 1 sec. then goes out. I contacted Linksys tech support, and was told by one technician that the card supports WIN CE versions up to 3.2, however my version is 4.20. I was informed that Linksys was working on a driver to support the newer version, but no release date had been set. I also found out later that the card works with ARM, SH3 & MIPS processors. My processor is an Xscale 400mhz. My device is an HP iPAQ 2215. Could this be my problem? Thank you.

Sven Johannsen
12-03-2004, 04:43 PM
Nah, the processor isn't an issue. The Xscale is sort of a flavor of ARM. The issue is the only that Linksys hasn't bothered to provide a WM2003 driver, apparently.

Hopefully someone here has found another manufacturer's driver that works with that card. That is not unusual since the same chipsets are used by multiple vendors. Symbol and Socket drivers are pretty much usable on the other product for example.

fivepetpalace
12-04-2004, 06:25 AM
The Linksys website states that the WCF12 is compatible with windows CE 3.0 or Higher.

The Linksys website also states that the WCF11 is compatible with windows CE 2.1 and 3.0.

So it looks to me like 4.2 is supported by WCF12

You might want to download the latest drivers for the WCF12, The release notes indicate that the original setup wizard was good for CE 3.0, but the newer supports PPC 2003

phs
12-06-2004, 07:13 AM
That card sounds like a rip off. I got a Meritline for US$32, and it works well with my 2210.

Rkoppen
12-25-2004, 02:21 AM
Your card will work, go to linksys and load latest driver, the card might spend quite some time in stock and got old drivers on the install cd.