View Full Version : Any errors with Pocket DVD Studio 1.2.6 or 2.x on Win98SE?

doughboy
12-03-2004, 02:33 AM
Can anyone please advise me of errors (and possible solutions) they may have encountered using this software?

I am running Win98SE and am wondering whether the "floating point" error encountered with v1.2.6 is common on this OS. I asked product support and was advised to install v2.0.3. Now, using v2.x it will not even recognize the DVD and gives me a "Key exchange for DVD Copy protection failed" error. This is on a Casper the Friendly Ghost DVD that I ripped before using 1.2.6. I have queried product support again and am awaiting a response. I would like to have this problem resolved by the time my son returns from my mother-in-laws' early next week. More cartoons on my iPAQ to keep him occupied during near meltdowns, ya know. :wink:

I do not read about many problems with DVD Studio and am wondering whether this is due to my OS.

jpf
12-04-2004, 12:33 AM
Don't you have to run the DVD for a few seconds in your PCs software DVD player to clear that error?

doughboy
12-04-2004, 03:42 PM
To which error are you referring? I did allow enough time for the error to clear and even ejected and re-inserted the DVD.

Thank you for your response. Have you had any other experiences or do you have any other ideas?