View Full Version : The Guy From "Office Space" Is Getting An iPAQ 6300

Ed Hansberry
12-03-2004, 12:00 AM
http://www.expansys.com/zoompic.asp?type=item&code=115635

According to Expansys, it looks like Peter Gibbons, the lead character from Office Space (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0151804/combined), is getting a new iPAQ 6315 from Expansys. :lol: Maybe this will help him get the memos about coversheets.

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/images/hansberry/2004/20041202-officespace.jpg

JohnJohn
12-03-2004, 12:12 AM
Tell him to stay away from eFax.com. I would hate to see a nice new 6300 end up in a field.

Jon Westfall
12-03-2004, 12:19 AM
Yea, I saw this on Fark this morning - its awesome.

Umm... yea.....

PeterLake
12-03-2004, 12:24 AM
Why was this flagged as "off-topic"? Seems like a major PPC development to me.

OSUKid7
12-03-2004, 12:26 AM
haha...that's great. But has he figured out how to sync those TPS reports? :lol:

bob1919a
12-03-2004, 12:36 AM
Whats wrong with efax.com??

ipaq_wannabe
12-03-2004, 12:48 AM
living here in japan, there is not much of interesting shows, ie., Office Space, etc. that gets here...

it was recommended to me by an engineer friend, and the DVD just arrived in my mail this morning - i guess i would have need to watch it first to get an inkling of you guys are talking about...

but ive heard that it is an interesting, and quite apt for engineer ppl...

:)

snayar
12-03-2004, 01:11 AM
Milton should get one too... You know... To keep him busy and entertained on those long hours at the basement cubicle so he can finally forget about that old and ugly stapler!!! :lol:

:) :D

Pat Logsdon
12-03-2004, 01:16 AM
Milton should get one too... You know... To keep him busy and entertained on those long hours at the basement cubicle so he can once anf for all forget about that old and ugly stapler!
Speaking of which, you can buy the Red Stapler! (http://www.thinkgeek.com/cubegoodies/toys/61b7/)

snayar
12-03-2004, 01:25 AM
Milton should get one too... You know... To keep him busy and entertained on those long hours at the basement cubicle so he can once anf for all forget about that old and ugly stapler!
Speaking of which, you can buy the Red Stapler! (http://www.thinkgeek.com/cubegoodies/toys/61b7/)

Strange world we live in!!!! :mrgreen:

[talking on the phone] And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...

Pat Logsdon
12-03-2004, 01:30 AM
...I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married...
One of the best movie lines EVER. :mrgreen:

snayar
12-03-2004, 01:33 AM
Amen! :lol:

Palmguy
12-03-2004, 02:13 AM
Office Space rocks.

Phoenix
12-03-2004, 02:17 AM
That's a great movie :lol:

I love how he starts slacking off and not caring about anything - and that's what helps him get respect! Like a Dilbert cartoon in real life.

jasondearyou
12-03-2004, 02:21 AM
i just don't like the speed.

snayar
12-03-2004, 02:21 AM
Yeah!

But remember that Peter went to a Hypnotist and when he put it in a state of bliss HE DIES! so Peter stayed cool forever! How cool is that!!! :lol:

snayar
12-03-2004, 02:24 AM
Peter Gibbons: So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.
Dr. Swanson: What about today? Is today the worst day of your life?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
Dr. Swanson: Wow, that's messed up.

JohnJohn
12-03-2004, 02:48 AM

In the movie the guys take a fax machine out to a field and beat the living sh!t out of it. Hence my attempt at humor...eFax forwards faxes to your email, he gets email on his 6300...

I know it was a stretch, did anyone get it?

ziggurat29
12-03-2004, 02:53 AM

mmm....yeaaaah. did you get the memo??????

we got it, and it was a good reference joke[/quote]

emuelle1
12-03-2004, 03:39 AM
"If you were having a bad day, has anyone every said 'looks like someone has a bad case of the Mondays'?"

"Naw, man. No! I do believe you'd get your *** kicked for saying that!"

Office Space is a great movie. It's like a geek cult classic.

snayar
12-03-2004, 03:45 AM

In the movie the guys take a fax machine out to a field and beat the living sh!t out of it. Hence my attempt at humor...eFax forwards faxes to your email, he gets email on his 6300...

Are you talking about this lines?

Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days, I just kick this piece of **** out the window.

Michael Bolton: You and me both, man. That thing is lucky I'm not armed.

Samir: Piece of ****. :devilboy:

OSUKid7
12-03-2004, 03:50 AM
Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days, I just kick this piece of s**t out the window.

Michael Bolton: You and me both, man. That thing is lucky I'm not armed.

Samir: Piece of s**t. :devilboy:Please tell me you're either watching Office Space right now, or on a quote site. :lol: You're like I am with the Simpsons. 8)

Haha, Office Space is great...I need to get the DVD sometime.

snayar
12-03-2004, 03:56 AM
Ahhhh The Simpsons!!!! Kewl Program!!! 8)

Hahaha.. you got me!... Well to be honest I have some links to the Office Space quotes... But I do know most of the lines by memory... I LOVE Office Space almost as much as A Night At The Roxbury ... No... YES!!!! :mrgreen:

UnnDunn
12-03-2004, 04:57 AM
Micheal: Well at least your name isn't Micheal Bolton.
Samir: You know, there's nothing wrong with that name...
Micheal: There was nothing wrong with it, until I was about thirteen years old and that no-talent a**clown became famous and started winning Grammys.
Samir: So instead of Micheal, why not just go by Mike?
Micheal: No way. Why should I change? He's the one who sucks!

:lol:

Just classic.

rlobrecht
12-03-2004, 05:38 AM
My wife loves Michael Bolton (the a* * clown), so I quote that line to her a bunch.

T-Will
12-03-2004, 07:14 AM
Micheal: Well at least your name isn't Micheal Bolton.
Samir: You know, there's nothing wrong with that name...
Micheal: There was nothing wrong with it, until I was about thirteen years old and that no-talent a**clown became famous and started winning Grammys.
Samir: So instead of Micheal, why not just go by Mike?
Micheal: No way. Why should I change? He's the one who sucks!

:lol:

Just classic.

ROFLMAO! One of the best exchanges from that movie! :lol:

Jason Dunn
12-03-2004, 09:19 AM
Heh heh...this thread gave me a good laugh. Office Space was so funny (though I think the script could have been ever funnier given the cast they had).

"Yeah...umm...I'm going to need to come in on Saturday. Yeah. Thanks."

bjornkeizers
12-03-2004, 09:32 AM
One of the best movies I've ever seen. It's a classic alright.

Darius Wey
12-03-2004, 10:02 AM
Heh... I'm loving this thread. Office Space was great, and it's nice reading everyone's comments! :)

Steven Cedrone
12-03-2004, 01:14 PM
Bob: What.. what would you say... you do here?

Tom: Look, I already told you! I deal with the goddamn customers so the engineers don't have to! I have people skills! I am good at dealing with people! Can't you understand that? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!

Also:

Bob: Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.

Peter: I wouldn't say I've been 'missing' it Bob.

Heh... :wink:

Steve

aroma
12-03-2004, 01:52 PM
Bob: Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.

Peter: I wouldn't say I've been 'missing' it Bob.

YES! Probably my favorite line from the movie!

And I always loved: (Not exact quote, but best as I remember it...)

"We're not going to White Collar Prison. We're going to go to Blue Collar Ban You In the A** Prison!"

dma1965
12-03-2004, 04:31 PM
My favorite line is when Michael Bolton gets an error sending a fax and yells " PC Load Letter ! What the f**k does that mean ?"

I have actually seen that error, and I still have no idea what it means. I hate fax machines with a passion, and have told vendors that if they ever ask me to fax them anything I will drop them.

Ed Hansberry
12-03-2004, 04:36 PM
Milton: Well... I... I told Bill that if Sandra's going to listen to her headphones while she's filing, then I should be able to listen to the radio while I'm collating.

Peter: Uh huh.

Milton: So I don't see why I should ...

Peter: OK.

Milton: ... have to turn down the radio.

Peter: Yeah, alright.

Milton: I enjoy listening to my radio at a reasonable volume.

Peter: Thanks... Milton.

Or better yet - you can listen yourself (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/images/hansberry/2004/radio.wav). :)
And of course, the stapler line (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/images/hansberry/2004/stapler.wav).

emuelle1
12-03-2004, 05:11 PM
I always thought that "PC Load Letter" was a joke, until I started this job and saw that same error on the printer here. No one has any idea what it means.

mvirata
12-03-2004, 05:14 PM
I always thought the movie took place in some fictional place mimicking California, now the PDA shows (with the 970 area code) that it fictionally took place here in Colorado, maybe in Fort Collins, Loveland, or Greeley. Cool! :wink:

snayar
12-03-2004, 06:07 PM
Bob Slydell: Would you bear with me for just a second here.
Peter Gibbons: OK.
Bob Slydell: What if - and believe me this is hypothetical - but what if you were offered some kind of a stock option equity sharing program. Would that do anything for you?
Peter Gibbons: I don't know, I guess. Listen, I'm gonna go. It's been really nice talking to both you guys.
Bob Slydell: Absolutely, the pleasure's all on this side of the table, trust me.
Peter Gibbons: Good luck with your layoffs, all right? I hope your firings go really, really well.
Bob Porter: Excellent.
Bob Slydell: Great... Wow. :mrgreen:

rmasinag
12-03-2004, 06:41 PM
For some reason I think of the office space guy as the alcoholic Captain Spears on Band of Brothers before office space guy. :drinking:

Oh yeah......... cause I'm a warmonger!

emuelle1
12-03-2004, 07:17 PM
OK, I found out what PC Load Letter is, at least on the old HP printer here. I had to send a fax, so I opened the printer tray to take a piece of paper out to scribble a cover letter on, and "PC Load Letter" came up on the display until I closed the tray.

Mystery solved.

I figured Office Space was shot in Texas. It wasn't exactly a California atmosphere, and Mike Judge is from Texas. They did a good job of keeping it vague, though, so it could have been any "big city/corporate yuppyville USA".

snayar
12-03-2004, 07:21 PM
OK, I found out what PC Load Letter is, at least on the old HP printer here. I had to send a fax, so I opened the printer tray to take a piece of paper out to scribble a cover letter on, and "PC Load Letter" came up on the display until I closed the tray.

Mystery solved.

I figured Office Space was shot in Texas. It wasn't exactly a California atmosphere, and Mike Judge is from Texas. They did a good job of keeping it vague, though, so it could have been any "big city/corporate yuppyville USA".

I would say that part of the mystery is solved...

What in the world does 'PC LOAD LETTER' mean? LOAD LETTER I understand, but PC? what PC? :mrgreen:

Paul P
12-03-2004, 07:48 PM
According to Expansys, it looks like Peter Gibbons, the lead character from Office Space (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0151804/combined), is getting a new iPAQ 6315 from Expansys. :lol:

Why is he getting it from Expansys? That's what I can't figure out. (I am not saying that in a negative way :wink: just wondering why, is he not in the US?)

horseflesh
12-03-2004, 08:29 PM
living here in japan, there is not much of interesting shows, ie., Office Space, etc. that gets here...

it was recommended to me by an engineer friend, and the DVD just arrived in my mail this morning - i guess i would have need to watch it first to get an inkling of you guys are talking about...

but ive heard that it is an interesting, and quite apt for engineer ppl...

:)

I would be really interested to know how a Japanese fellow sees the humor in that movie. Please post your impressions. :)

horseflesh
12-03-2004, 08:34 PM
What in the world does 'PC LOAD LETTER' mean? LOAD LETTER I understand, but PC? what PC? :mrgreen:

I think PC is "paper casette."

So PC LOAD LETTER means "I am out of paper, or I think I am because you have opened the lid."

But still, that's my favorite line in the movie too!

snayar
12-03-2004, 08:36 PM
Ahhh yes... That makes sense now!... :lol:

Thanks! :)

OSUKid7
12-03-2004, 09:35 PM
What a thread. Thought you guys would like this video I saw a few months ago: Office Space Wars (http://www.public.asu.edu/~tiantang/share/OfficeSpaceWars.wmv) (4min 11sec).

Absolutely great. If you know Office Space forwards and backwards, and have any interest in Star Wars, you'll ove it.

I'm watching it again...so funny. :lol:

edit: haha...I had forgotten who Milton was in that video. :rotfl:

emuelle1
12-04-2004, 12:37 AM
That is great! I loved "Milton". Perfect match.

Phoenix
12-04-2004, 10:50 AM
Office Wars... that was pretty funny. :)

emuelle1
12-04-2004, 01:53 PM
Has anyone seen "Troops"? http://www.theforce.net/theater/shortfilms/troops/

I'm surprised this is still online. It's a parody of cops in a similar vein to "Office Space Wars".

Cybrid
12-06-2004, 02:22 AM
What's the coffee drinking boss' name? can't remember

Steven Cedrone
12-06-2004, 01:16 PM
What's the coffee drinking boss' name? can't remember

Bill Lumbergh...

Steve

JimPAQ
12-10-2004, 05:29 AM
Actually Office Space was filmed in Los Colinas, Texas a suburb of mostly business offices right out side Dallas, Texas and near Irving, Texas (current but not future home of the Dallas Cowboys). Los Colinas is mostly business parks and apartments. Microsoft has a very nice building in the city that I used to work at. During the movie you can spot several noticeable office building and you can also see several highway off ramps from highway 114.

Office Space is one of my favorite moves. I watch the DVD all the time just for a good laugh. At the company that I work for it is very common to end all requests with “if you could do that for me… ya… that’d be great” in true Bill Lumbergh fashion. Of course, it’s even more effective if you’re carrying a coffee cup at the time.