View Full Version : Problems with sound in WMP

kyrkesmith
12-02-2004, 07:24 PM
I'm having problems with sound quality in WMP on my iPaq rx3715. It was happening in WMP9, and is still happening in WMP10. Using headphones (I've tried two different sets) the sound intermittently switches to just come out one phone, and sometimes loses bass/treble. My guess is it's an issue with the headphone socket.

Oh, and I've just noticed the speaker doesn't seem to be working. I'm not sure if that was the case before the update or not though....

Any thoughts?

Darius Wey
12-03-2004, 10:33 AM
I'm having problems with sound quality in WMP on my iPaq rx3715. It was happening in WMP9, and is still happening in WMP10. Using headphones (I've tried two different sets) the sound intermittently switches to just come out one phone, and sometimes loses bass/treble. My guess is it's an issue with the headphone socket.

It could be a socket problem. Either the socket is problematic, or your plug is sitting in the socket loosely. It could also be a sound processor problem in that it's having trouble outputting mono/stereo sound.

Oh, and I've just noticed the speaker doesn't seem to be working. I'm not sure if that was the case before the update or not though....

Have you tried a hard reset to see if this resolves anything? If that doesn't work, I'd contact HP and let them know you have a defective unit.

kyrkesmith
12-03-2004, 06:50 PM
Yeah, I think it's probably a headphone socket problem; the headphones are are in the socket solidly, and I've done hard resets to no avail.

Poking the stylus around at the top of the headphone socket has re-activated the speaker though, which is a bonus.

I'll try contacting HP, I suppose, although I'm still waiting to hear back from them acknowledging that the inability to map buttons is a problem in WMP10, and also, I'm not too keen on being iPaq-less for a week or more.

Hmmm...