View Full Version : How do you carry your handsfree/headphones?

humayunl
11-29-2004, 07:24 AM
I want to start carrying my handsfree earphones with my imate (for music and phonecalls). But the couple of days I haev tried it, I've been struggling to keep the long wire from getting tangled up all over teh place and basically just carrying it around has been more of a hassle than comfort.

I just wanted to as you folks who carry their earphone with their PPCPE's if its just me who's having this troulbe cause I'm new or do you all have the same problem?

Or is there some kinda "strategy" to keep it organized... i just dontlike jumbled up wires and dont like things stickingout of my pants' pockets....

Also, when you have the headphone attatched to the PPCPE, do you leave them attatched ALL THE TIME (except when in the cradle) or just connect them as you need? What are the most common habbits?

Darius Wey
11-29-2004, 08:53 AM
I usually have a wind-up case with my headphones - so this effectively minimises any tangling. You may want to consider a set of retractable earphones as well. That will save a lot of tangling problems. ;)

prismejon
11-29-2004, 09:11 AM
I simply rope the headphone wires around the top of my pocketpc (which is in an aluminium cover). When I want to use my pocketpc I just slide the wires of the pocketpc. I use Koss The Plug (http://koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/02ProductDetailCall?ReadForm&Portable+Stereophones^THEPLUG) earphones, so the earphone part doesn't take that much space.

You could try some retractable earphones, like these (http://www.paylessshipping.com/10000115/retractable_stereo_earphone_4.html). I don't know how the sound quality is like on one those though..

humayunl
11-29-2004, 10:00 AM
For now i am using the standard headphones that came with the Imate. So there's not retraction capabilitywith them. They are convenient cause they have the Send/End button on them.

I also will have to rope them around somehow.... but I dont use any case with the imate and with no retraction, roping them aruond the imate itself doesn't sound too user friendly.

Darius Wey
11-29-2004, 10:14 AM
I also will have to rope them around somehow.... but I dont use any case with the imate and with no retraction, roping them aruond the imate itself doesn't sound too user friendly.

If you head down to any decent audio store, they may have a range of accessories which allow you to keep your set of headphones tangle-free and compact.

humayunl
11-29-2004, 01:07 PM
I shall do that. Thanks :)

voyagerxxx
12-19-2004, 02:38 AM
Darius Wey,

Your avatar is a Playmobil? I loved to play with those.

Kati Compton
12-19-2004, 02:41 AM
Darius Wey,

Your avatar is a Playmobil? I loved to play with those.
I think it's Lego...

voyagerxxx
12-19-2004, 02:45 AM
Oh. Yes. I think you are right. :oops:

Darius Wey
12-19-2004, 04:22 AM
Oh. Yes. I think you are right. :oops:

There is a slight resemblance. I can see why you were confused. But yes, it's definitely Lego. :)

rompi
01-02-2005, 04:50 PM
YOU may want to check out tsrmobile.com for bluetooth headsets. They also have bluetooth headsets that are integrated with mp3 as well so you don't miss calls while you are listening to music.