View Full Version : audiovox ppc 4100

menajemh
11-28-2004, 05:52 AM
has someone an audiovox ppc 4100? if so please tell your experience about this pocketpc . i have one and i'm happy with it but i'll change for the small mda ot the motorola mpx300 when ever is going to come out at a normal price.
the things i'm happy with it that i got ths unlocked from factory so i can use it with any carrier, the reception is the best i had from all the cellphones and pocket pcs i had before, in my building the reception is very bad inclided verizon and at&t here in brooklyn and i use tmobile that is much inferior their service, but with this pocket pc i have reception in some metro stations underground!!!! i got gprs service and is pretty good, very good connection from tmobile. the battery does not have long duration but is ok for a day. if i use it a lot i have to recharge it
in the middle of day. does not include joystick for games, so if u are looking for a pocket pc with games playing possibility the sx56 is much better. if is only for phone and to be organized is great, big screen, light, smaller and faster that the h6315, that monster has camera and wify but is big, heavy and slooooooooooooowwwwwww with a lot of issues, i had one a month ago for a month and then i sold it in ebay for same money i paid for it. never again. unfurtunatly audiovox does not give to much support for this machines, but they work pretty good, stabel.
not so many soft resets, maybe 1 or 2 a week, very stable. and i use it all day internet, avantgo, sms, msn messenger, pocket informant, weather to go, pocket music, 2 hours metro every day so mp3 is the best with some games. the best program? pocket informant. adictive game? bejewels

babsknupp
11-29-2004, 05:34 AM
My husband and I each just got this phone about one week ago.
We're both pleased. Gets great reception (AT&T here does fine ) Though for billing purposes we're now Cingular with the merger, the device is locked to the AT&T end-we didn't want to fuss with our existing plan and we can leave it in place.
Anyway-this device does everything I like, and the price is suprisingly decent. I also have a Treo 600 and while I definitely like the Treo, for phone functions I really have found I prefer the PPC platform. I also like the full size screen. I used a Siemens SX56 for a while and really liked it, but went with a Treo to get the quad band reception since the SX56 uses the 1900 band. (AT&T issue) The Audiovox was new at the time and there were problems at first, so I hesitated. Well, I'm sure glad now to have it. I also like having WIFI capability. The Treo doesn't have drivers available.
I couldn't begin to say what my favorite programs/games are-I have so much loaded, have a 512 mb SD card. I use a PIM program called Ulti-Planner. I like Journal Bar, games like Snood, Jawbreaker, Solitaire games. Well, perhaps Snood is my favorite!
Well-all in all, I am a happy user here.