View Full Version : Looking for Entry Level PPC (Student Budget)

Braaman
11-28-2004, 02:20 AM
Just looking for a decent entry level PPC. I've done some reading on the way these work and I've used several palm OS systems. I have a Clie now and love the media capabilities. If i can get a decent PPC with a cam/vid recorder on it, that'd be a plus. Wi-Fi is a must. Any takers?

Shaun Stuart
11-28-2004, 04:14 AM
Not sure if you will get an "entry level" pocket pc with media capabilities a camera and wi-fi. I suggest you go over to brighthand http://www.myproductadvisor.com/mpa/pda/inputSummary.do who have a pocket pc advisor web page - input your needs and it will suggest a pocket pc to suit you.

If your looking for something that does just about everything I would personally recommend an XDA2 - my XDA2 is the best pocket PC I have owned (and I have had a few). It is great at playing video and games and has built in bluetooth and a camera.

It does not have wi-fi but includes a triband GSM radio so can be used as phone. 802.11b WI-FI can be added with an SD card.

The XDA2 is being upgraded and released with a keyboard so you can pick up the original XDA2 for a great price on ebay

Darius Wey
11-28-2004, 08:04 AM
A lot of Pocket PCs now have integrated Wi-Fi so it may be a more viable option to look out for these models, as opposed to SDIO equipped Pocket PCs which can be expanded with an SDIO Wi-Fi card. It may work out to be a cheaper solution in the long run if you opt for a model that has it integrated as you do away with having to purchase an extra accessory, as well as freeing up your SD slot for other purposes.

You can consider HP's rx37xx range. Alternatively, you can also consider the Fujitsu-Siemens Loox 720, Asus MyPal A730.... but these models are not cheap, especially if you're on a student budget. However, the extra bit of money that you spend may pay off in the long run. :)

jmoss230
11-28-2004, 11:33 PM
I have an iPaq 5455 for sale for 245.00 on Amazon.com, you can e-mail me at [email protected]. It has wi-fi and bluetooth, but no camera. I believe you can get an attachment, but not sure. It's not something I need.