View Full Version : MS Reader Problem (crash?)

gcalfin
11-26-2004, 04:53 AM
I've been reading a terrific eBook purchased from amazon.com (America's Secret War) and was about halfway through it.

Now, however, when I attempt to read the book on my PocketPC (Samsung i700 with WM2003 O.S.), Reader closes by itself. I suppose this is actually a program crash.

I have other ebooks installed and can still read them without crashing MS Reader. I tried deleting the ebook and then copying it back to the device. I tried installing the latest version of MS Reader. Nothing seems to solve the problem.

Any ideas how I can resolve this :P

ChristopherTD
11-26-2004, 08:12 AM
The book is so secret you are not allowed to finish it! :wink:

You could try deleting the annotations file for the book which will be in \My Documents\Annotations on the PPC. This will cause you to lose your place in the book, so make a note of where you had got up to...

gcalfin
11-26-2004, 01:32 PM
ChristopherTD: Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, there is no annotation file in my annotations directory for this book. There annotation files for other books that I have in my MS Reader library...

ChristopherTD
11-26-2004, 01:42 PM
If the book is located on a storage card you could try moving it into main memory?

Jorgen
11-27-2004, 08:58 AM
I would redownload the ebooks to make sure the ebook is not corrupted.

Moving the book from the card to main memory won't make any difference.

It sounds like the reader is corrupted, more specifically the parts that handles the DRM. Erase MS Reader manually and then reinstall the new version.

If that does not help, do a hard reset after backing everything up.

Jorgen

Squid
12-04-2004, 05:07 AM
You may check the version. There may be a newer version available from Microsoft than what you have. I have run into that with new releases. I start reading a book, then all of the sudden, wham it's locked up. Give that a shot before you go through the pain of a hard reset.

Regards,

Squid

Jorgen
12-04-2004, 08:41 AM
If you re-read the first post, you will find that he has installed the latest version of reader.

Jorgen

Squid
12-06-2004, 04:43 PM
I stand corrected. Missed that in the original post. 8O I just HATE going through a hard reset and try to avoid it at all costs.

Regards,

Squid