View Full Version : Sound level plug-in?

alanparrott
11-25-2004, 07:41 PM
I have tried PocketMusic on my HP2210 with a cassette adaptor thru my car stereo for MP3 playback and like the result.

However I do not think it is a viable soliution for me because I use a GPS which itself links to the System Volume as does PocketMusic. The result is the GPS volume is way too high for reasonable music playback. If I turn the gps/system volme down then with the MP3 at its highest its volume is still too low.

Does anybody have any ideas as to a plug in that can grab the output from an application and adjust inependently. FYI I have the same problem with PocketPlayer and WMP, so unless there is an alternative player or a solution I really only have a non satisfactory answer such as turn off GPS volume which rather defeats the object.

Thanks

Alan

Jason Dunn
11-25-2004, 10:40 PM
Windows Media Player has it's own volume level independent of system volume, so it certainly seems that the OS supports multiple volume controls. The problem is that the other software you're using doesn't seem to support it. I've never heard of a plugin that would grab the audio from an app and re-level it...

alanparrott
11-26-2004, 01:33 PM
FYI
I mailed PocketMusic and they said they will consider an independent volume in the future. It really has a great interface.

Cheers

Alan