View Full Version : Problems sending email from A716

JKGTNP
11-24-2004, 03:42 PM
I've been trying to send emails from my A716 but almost always fail. I keep getting the error message that the recipients email addresses are invalid.

On occasions, however, it will send emails ... like last night. After I synched with my computer I was then able to send emails from the A716. I then shut off my PC and went to bed. In the morning I picked up the A716 and tried sending emails .... and again I got the same error message ("recipients email address is invalid").

Although I cannot send email, the A716 can receive email.

Does anyone have a clue as to what's going on? Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Menneisyys
12-23-2004, 11:22 AM
I've been trying to send emails from my A716 but almost always fail. I keep getting the error message that the recipients email addresses are invalid.

On occasions, however, it will send emails ... like last night. After I synched with my computer I was then able to send emails from the A716. I then shut off my PC and went to bed. In the morning I picked up the A716 and tried sending emails .... and again I got the same error message ("recipients email address is invalid").

Although I cannot send email, the A716 can receive email.

Does anyone have a clue as to what's going on? Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

Thanks!

You mean the PPC was able to send e-mails WHILE connected to your online dekstop PC via ActiveSync? The explanation is simple, then: the SMTP server you have set in your Inbox for the particular POP3/MAP mailbox is your ISP's and it can't, therefore, be used from other (e.g. GPRS/mobile - if you meant e.g. switching to a mobile carrier by "I tried to send e-mails after picking up my PPC") networks.

Is that so?