View Full Version : Easier way to add album/artist info in WMP10?

famousdavis
11-23-2004, 10:35 PM
I haven't done a lot of ripping with my PC....just enough to tinker with the process and load a few favorite CDs into my PPC.

I'd like to rip most all of my CD collection, which isn't very extensive. When I've tried to do this in WMP10, most every time the CD is ripped without any of the album or artist info. No album name, no artist, no song titles. To get minimal management out of the ripped songs, I have to at least manually add the album and artist names.

The process for doing that is cumbersome, though. Although I can click on the lefthand pane to retitle the Untitled album name, adding the artist name appears to be done on a song-by-song basis. So, I methodically click each song and add the artist name.

Nevermind about the song titles. Too much effort and data entry to bother with that!

I'm sure there must be an easier way to obtain this information if it can't or isn't culled from the CD itself. Since some CDs have this tendency to not transfer any info while other CDs import all that good stuff, I guess it's all in how the CD is encoded?

What's the best way to obtain library information to a ripped CD that doesn't have all those pertinent album details encoded on it?

Sven Johannsen
11-24-2004, 01:29 AM
Do you do your ripping while the PC is on-line? The information isn't contained on the CD, but rather in databases on the Web. Each CD has a code and MP will go to the on-line DB and get all the info. Works for most everything I have, though my music taste isn't super weird.

On MP 10, on the Rip tab, there is a find album info button, that should work for you. There is even a setting buried in the options to go and find the info if it isn't there on an album.