View Full Version : Is there a problem with Wisbar 2.x

isilver
11-22-2004, 09:52 PM
I just installed Wisbar 2.x a few days ago. My pocketPC seems to be running steady but I have encountered a problem. I just turned on My Pocket PC and it seems that it was hard reset. All memory gone. Has the Wisbar done this too anyone else.

It's just a huge inconvenience. If this is a known problem with it I don't want to reinstall it.

capo
11-22-2004, 10:36 PM
FWIW, I've been running WisBar 2 on my iPaq 4155 for a month or so with no problems that I'm aware of. Your setup is no doubt different than mine so I guess it doesn't prove much.
Hard resets are a drag Have you tried Sprite Backup? That's the single most important piece of software I have on my PPC. It's saved my butt several times. (no, I'm not an employee of, or paid shill for Sprite - just a *very* satisfied customer)

ludzh
11-23-2004, 03:29 AM
Oddly enough, my problem seemed to stem from keeping my 2.0x skins on an SD card. My 2210 kept hanging on soft reset. I did a few hard resets, and could not even restore to earlier settings via Sprite Backup! Was quite the mess. Very aggravating two days of my life.

But, when I did the umpteenth reinstall of 2.0x and moved my *skins* to my iPAQ file store, the problem seemed to disappear.

Strange..... but TRUE!

Good luck!

-Heather :D

Darius Wey
11-23-2004, 02:46 PM
Anything that resides on the today screen (menu bars included) tends to need initialisation when it is turned on - even before the SD card is loaded. So storing data on a storage card that is needed for these today screen plugins/enhancements should not be done. This is what can cause problems otherwise.

drop
11-23-2004, 04:34 PM
No problem with Wisbar Advance 2 on X50v here. Darius Way is right. That is the golden rule #1 for Today plugin.