View Full Version : Bell Mobility 1x PPCPE

axe
11-18-2004, 07:57 PM
Hi all
I am still trying to get info on 1x options with my PPC. Currently I have a 2200, and want to move into a Phone edition PPC. I have contacted Bell Canada and they said that while they used to sell an Audiovox PPCPE, they do not now... Damn Treos :roll: ...
Anyway, Bell Canada uses CDMA/1x for it's connections and I wanted to know if anyone has ever purchased a PPCPE outside of Canada and had it running on Bell?
Also if someone has a good experience with a bluetooth or wired connection to their Ma'Bell cell phone I would appreciate their insight too.

I wish we had the providers the US/Europe have with PPC Phone Editions of every make and model!

thanx in advance
AXE

Cybrid
11-19-2004, 11:20 PM
Hi all
I am still trying to get info on 1x options with my PPC. Currently I have a 2200, and want to move into a Phone edition PPC. I have contacted Bell Canada and they said that while they used to sell an Audiovox PPCPE, they do not now... Damn Treos :roll: ...
Anyway, Bell Canada uses CDMA/1x for it's connections and I wanted to know if anyone has ever purchased a PPCPE outside of Canada and had it running on Bell?
Also if someone has a good experience with a bluetooth or wired connection to their Ma'Bell cell phone I would appreciate their insight too.

I wish we had the providers the US/Europe have with PPC Phone Editions of every make and model!

thanx in advance
AXE

Most hardware is "locked" to the specific seller. Basically there is a access code that you will not be provided with and you will not be able to connect without it.
Unlocking can be done but is costly. Are you stuck on Bell? Telus may be an option also 1xRTT and Rogers, Fido are GPRS....

Cybrid
11-19-2004, 11:23 PM
Hi all

thanx in advance
AXE

Most hardware is "locked" to the specific seller. Basically there is a access code that you will not be provided with and you will not be able to connect without it.
Unlocking can be done but is costly. Are you stuck on Bell? Telus may be an option also 1xRTT and Rogers, Fido are GPRS.... also consider phone to PDA by cable or BT... www.gomadic.com works ok. slower than built in and more cumbersome, but does work