View Full Version : Is this the end of my addiction...?

karinatwork
11-18-2004, 05:10 PM
For the first time in 4 years I forgot to take my pocket pc out of the cradle at work and left it sitting there overnight. And the worst thing is, I didn't even miss it at home. Never needed it, never looked for it.

Oh my. It happened with my phone, my wallet, even my purse. My pocket pc - never! Until yesterday... or is it my subconscious just telling me that I need a new device soon, because the old ones loses its luster (and functionality - want a Pocket PC Phone BAAAAD!)

:D

Kowalski
11-18-2004, 07:33 PM
we are all grown up people but this doesnt change the fact that we still need new toys :D

surur
11-18-2004, 07:55 PM
I certainly think it possible for any one individual to outgrow a particular device. The problem is when people generalise and think its the device has changed, when its them and their needs and priorities that has actually changed.

E.g. you may have cared a lot about DVDs on your pocketpc when you used to take the bus, but when you buy a car your device is just not needed as much anymore. You dont feel the same about the device, and you may not know why.

The problem comes when there are no newbies coming a long to replace you, thats when a platform dies.

Surur

Ripper014
11-18-2004, 09:08 PM
You better take a look the specs on a PocketPC Phone... before you buy one. And if you look at some of the forums... the Hp6300 series is getting some very bad responses from users...

Darius Wey
11-19-2004, 04:48 AM
For the first time in 4 years I forgot to take my pocket pc out of the cradle at work and left it sitting there overnight. And the worst thing is, I didn't even miss it at home. Never needed it, never looked for it.

Nah - I'm sure you're fine! I do it all the time. :D

Well - it's a little different; I've left it at home and haven't taken it out with me on many occasions, but it's similar to your scenario anyway...