View Full Version : email help

davidb67
11-17-2004, 04:18 PM
Can anyone help:
i've been using my iPaq 3970 for well over a year to pick up personal email via my bluetooth mobile, over GPRS. my mobile service provider is Orange (here in UK) and my ISP is also Orange.
I CAN pick up emails on my mobile handset direct, also over GPRS, but for some reason, and i'm wondering if it's the email application on the iPaq, i can't pull anything through or send anything out on my iPaq. Activesync email (i.e. through my desktop PC) works fine.
I have not changed any settings, the ISP has not changed access points or any such thing, and i can open pocket internet explorer and surf no problem on the iPaq.
I DO actually get a GPRS connection over bluetooth, and the email app logs in and actually says "retrieving headers" and "sending/receiving", but when it completes there is nothing at all there (yes, i've got "test" emails waiting to be retrieved), and similarly an email in my outbox never goes....
I'm stumped: by the way, all this is not cured by a hard-reset, as i've had to h/r for a seperate issue.

any suggestions much appreciated.