View Full Version : Gmail Pop

mobilebandit
11-17-2004, 08:15 AM
Has anyone gotten this to work with the winmo mail client? Any alternatives? (yes I have enabled it)

gregmills
11-17-2004, 02:40 PM
I just set it up and it works fine. Here are the settings:

Enter e-mail address: [email protected]

Your Name: Your Name
User name: [email protected]
Password: yourpassword

Account type: POP3
Name: Whatever, I named it "Gmail"

Incoming Mail: pop.gmail.com
Outgoing Mail: smtp.gmail.com
Domain: pop.gmail.com

I left all of the options on their default settings. When I checked Gmail the first time I got a certificate warning but every time after that went through fine.

bdavidson9554
11-17-2004, 03:52 PM
It wouldn't work for me until I changed my Gmail POP preference to only include messages "from now on". Then it worked fine downloading new messages.

Brian

gregmills
11-17-2004, 04:52 PM
It wouldn't work for me until I changed my Gmail POP preference to only include messages "from now on". Then it worked fine downloading new messages.

Right, I do remember doing that too.

mmidgley
11-20-2004, 07:34 AM
I setup my pocketpc as you described. I can read, but not send email. What am I doing wrong?

"The message(s) could not be sent. Check that you have network coverage and that your account information is correct. Then try sending again."

edit: Seems to smtp ok now. Now I notice pop isn't returning anything. I guess I need to set the gmail send all email via pop from now on...
m.

Deus
11-20-2004, 08:07 AM

Brian

Where are you finding this setting? i cannot find it anywhere???

gregmills
11-20-2004, 01:14 PM
Where are you finding this setting? i cannot find it anywhere???

In the Gmail settings under "Forwarding and POP" it's the first option beneath "POP Download."

1: Pop Status
Enable POP only for mail that arrives from now on

Mitch D
12-01-2004, 01:49 AM
User name: [email protected]

I could not get it to work with the user name set this way. I changed it to just my username and it worked fine.

mrwed
12-01-2004, 08:05 AM
Hi folks--does anyone know if this will work on my Maestro, which runs PPC 2002? I tried to set it up last night, but only got the 'Connecting...' message from Inbox...no connection was ever made. I don't see any option for SSL when I set up a new service; is it possible to make it work anyway? Or is there by any chance a workaround?

flooder
12-01-2004, 02:11 PM
Not sure, but it look like it broke for me.

It had been working fine until yesterday. Now I might get one message before it starts to fail and give me the "Messages cannont . . . " If I set it to only alow POP for messages arriving since 'Now' than it will work for a few messages and than fail.