View Full Version : Don't install... unless your want to hard reset...

kozak
11-16-2004, 10:56 PM
I installed SE_VGA, then I installed SPB Pocket Plus 2.2 (supports 2003SE :? ). After soft reset, the system locks up in "True VGA" mode. Tried several soft resets to no avail. System just locks up and had to do a Hard Reset.

That was on my X50v, with no other software installed. So be carefull.

drop
11-16-2004, 11:15 PM
Weird, I have both installed in X50v and they co-exist peacefully. Very weird, especially since you didn't have another apps that could throw a monkey wrench.

kozak
11-16-2004, 11:30 PM
The problem is there only when you set to True VGA mode. In Normal SE VGA mode it works fine.

Don't Panic!
11-17-2004, 03:38 PM
Could they have made getting help any more confusing?

When you say normal SE VGA mode do you mean the VGA mode that the x50v is in without se_vga installed or is that a setting in se_vga. I won't be able to help you at all. I have no plans for installing se_vga or ozvga. I'm just curious.

Don't Panic!
Bobby

kozak
11-17-2004, 03:57 PM
SE_VGA uses the True VGA as having 640x480 resolution. For regular resolution, it uses SE VGA setting for the default 2003SE resolution. It's confusing to me too. Anyway, if you have both programs running, then swtich to the "True VGA" mode (640x480), SPB Pocket Plus hangs while loading the icons. You can't even power off. Reset just repeats the hang process.

msprague
11-17-2004, 07:05 PM
I ran into the same problem. I was able to go into true vga mode once, and then my device locked up trying to go back to normal. After repeated soft resets my battery got low enough that the wifi did not turn on when I did a soft reset, and the device fully started up with wifi off.

I avoided a hard reset, but I also have not messed with any true vga apps since then.