View Full Version : Types of Lists in VB.NET CF?

dwhittenburg
11-16-2004, 04:19 PM
I've played with ListBox and ListView a little bit and used DataGrid a good bit. I was wandering if either of these could be used as a solution for my problem or if there were other List solutions?

My problem is that I basically need a selection mechanism from a list, however I need it multi-select. Currently, I'm using two ListBox controls, one as the Available and one as the Selected. Once clicking on the Available it goes to the Selected and vice versa.

I was actually looking for more of one list that I could use and on selection of an item in the list it would be highlighted and I could select mutliples...Similar to coding tables in html or even multi-selections in html.

Anyone have any help for this problem?

Xymus
11-18-2004, 04:38 AM
I'd go with a dataGrid with one column of checkBoxes and one for the names... this isn't supported directly by the CF .net but I think it is possible. I know there is some articles about this with the desktop .net framework around the web, it should be similar..

Good luck

dwhittenburg
11-18-2004, 03:17 PM
Thanks.

I've been leaning towards using a Datagrid because I may need sorting etc.

I also seen somewhere how to set background colors in the Datagrid, I can't remember where though.

GSmith
11-29-2004, 12:46 AM
You may want to review the CF FAQ. Specifically:

Allow Multiple Selections
http://wiki.opennetcf.org/ow.asp?CompactFrameworkFAQ%2FAllowMiltipleSelections

I have not verified that it does work with a List View. I have verified that it does not work with a TreeView.