View Full Version : Dumb Question regarding X50v and QVGA

applejosh
11-13-2004, 04:41 PM
This may seem like a stupid question, but is it possible to run the X50v (either using builtin software, freeware, or cheap shareware) in QVGA mode exclusively?

The reason I ask is that there seems to be some issues with people running VGA devices and various skinning apps, today plugins, etc. Until those get ironed out, I just want to run the X50v in QVGA resolution. (I really don't have time to play around with PDA's as much as I used to.) I could get the X50 (QVGA model), but if I can swing the VGA model, I'd like to since that seems to be the general direction of PPC devices.

Thanks for humoring my inquiry.

OSUKid7
11-13-2004, 04:50 PM
Not a bad question at all. :) I just looked on my iPAQ hx4705 (VGA), and did not see that option anywhere.

Many programs don't work correctly in "real" VGA mode (with SE_VGA), but most do work in standard VGA mode - if they're QVGA programs, the OS will just use pixel-doubling to stretch the application. This doesn't look as nice as true VGA programs, but it still works.

What applications aren't working with your X50v?

applejosh
11-13-2004, 05:07 PM
I don't have an X50v yet. I'm just preparing for when I decide to make the leap (when my previous landlord decides to give my deposit back). Since I don't have time any more to devote to troubleshooting or general "playing" with the new toys, I want to make sure I don't get myself into an unstable situation. I guess that's one of the things about growing older - less play time.