View Full Version : button mapping - missing 3 buttons

acid
11-13-2004, 07:11 AM
Hi to all,

When I tried to configure the button mapping settings on may xda 2 i cant find the 2nd (contacts), 3rd (record), 4th (camera) button...

I've tried a soft reset and "restore default" but still nothing happens..

Has anyone experienced the same thing?

hope somebody can help me..

thanks!

Darius Wey
11-13-2004, 07:17 AM
Have you installed any 3rd party button-mapping software and/or PIM management software that may affect the PIM button assignments?

acid
11-16-2004, 11:43 AM
i installed memmaid... and i used the clean registry feature.. i think that caused the problem.. what do you think?

Darius Wey
11-16-2004, 12:26 PM
No. It's highly unlikely that MemMaid would have caused it. Do me a favour and head over to \Windows\AppButtons\ on the Pocket PC, and tell me what's there.

You should see a Calendar.lnk file, a Contacts.lnk file, a Record.lnk file, and so on. If you have these, or don't have these, keep us posted.

acid
11-17-2004, 07:55 AM
they are all there..
calendar, camera, contacts, record and task

Darius Wey
11-17-2004, 01:22 PM
Okay - are you comfortable editing the registry? You will need a registry editor - a good one is PHM Registry Editor. If you're not comfortable with doing this, then no worries... There's just always a high risk involved in case you have no idea what you're doing. :D

Anyway, if you are comfortable - here's what you can do:

Navigate your way to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Keys

In there you should see a number of entries; e.g. 40C1, 40C2, 40C3, etc.

Each one pertains to the buttons you have on your device. If you click on each one, you will see a bundle of registry values. The one that concerns you the most is the Default one. If you tap on this, you can edit it to link to the shortcut you want. So say for example, 40C1 is your Calendar button. Modify the value data to \Windows\AppButtons\Calendar.lnk

You follow a similar procedure for the other buttons...

Hope that helps. ;)

Darius Wey
11-17-2004, 01:31 PM
When I tried to configure the button mapping settings on may xda 2 i cant find the 2nd (contacts), 3rd (record), 4th (camera) button...

Hang on - I just saw this. So I can guide you through which buttons to configure...

So navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Keys

Then for the second button (which should be 40C2), navigate to the Default key, and edit the data to \Windows\AppButtons\Contacts.lnk

For the third button (which should be 40C3), navigate to the Default key, and edit the data to \Windows\AppButtons\Record.lnk

Finally, for the 4th button (which should be 40C4), navigate to the Default key, and edit the data to \Windows\AppButtons\Camera.lnk

Hopefully, all goes well. :D

acid
11-17-2004, 01:41 PM
i already did that...

yes i was able to edit the hardware buttons but my problem is when i go to Settings -> Buttons only the button 1 appears. does not seem to a problem cause i can edit may hardware button on the registry but still it bothers me....

thanks for your help neway...

any can help me with this?

[/img]