View Full Version : Unrecognized Card Error, 3870 Wireless Connection Problems

RedAvalanche2003
11-12-2004, 11:33 PM
My Model 3870 connected one time using my socket Low Power WLAN Card. After that I had a power failure that weekend where my PC just ran out until it was totally dead. After recharging and rebooting, I have not been able to get my wireless working again. I have tried reloading software, rebooting, just about everything. I keep getting the same error evertime I put the card in and turn on: Unrecognized Card, Enter the name of the device driver for this card. For information see the card manufacturer's documentation. Next it identify's that: Network Card In Socket 1. I can tell you I have tried everything possible to get this done, hit the website, everything, reboot, reload, completely reformat, you name it I have done it, but I still can't get this going. Anybody have any ideas, and please if you suggest a fix, remember we are not all super geeks. Thank You

Stik
11-13-2004, 12:25 AM
Red Avalanche,

When you get the unrecognized card message, try taking the card out for a few seconds then reinserting it. Sometimes this will clear the message if the card isn't being read correctly.

Hopefully its that simple!

If that doesn't work, if possible, try testing the card out in any other device to see if the same thing happens. If the same thing happens in another unit its possible that you may have a faulty card.

delfuhd
11-13-2004, 02:45 AM
I had a symbol card, which is identical to the socket card. One day the Symbol card randomly stopped working, no light, noghitng, and I got the same "Unrecognized Card" error that you got. Luckily I had another Socket card that I used, but I don't know what you can do if youre not under warranty anymore.. But my guess is it crapped out...