View Full Version : Will Dell refund the $50 difference?

famousdavis
11-12-2004, 01:42 PM
So, I bought my X50v at full price (free shipping) on October 27. I see that Dell is offering the X50v at 10% off -- $50 less! Since I'm still within the window where I can return my X50v for any reason, I'm wondering if Dell will rebate the $50 difference between what I paid a little more than two weeks ago, and what the X50v is selling for today?

I sent an email to Dell customer service and am awaiting their reply.

In normal retail outlets, a store would always refund the difference between full price and sale price, if the customer is within the few days or weeks where he can return the purchased item for a full refund. I'm just unsure whether Dell will be as accommodating.

Anyone else try this?

Darius Wey
11-12-2004, 01:49 PM
Personally, for something of "high urgency", I would call them instead of emailing them.

Emailing always leaves ample opportunity for a late reply, whereas that cannot be done when you're talking to them on the phone (unless they hang up).

As to whether you would get the $50 refund, you may do, but this depends on Dell's terms and conditions.

famousdavis
11-12-2004, 04:34 PM
Here's what I got from Dell's auto-response to my email. Bottom line: If you've ordered from Dell within 30 days, and the REGULAR price goes down by $50 or more, it seems that you will be offered a courtesy refund. However, if I understand what Dell is saying correctly, PROMOTIONAL pricing is not refundable to the customer.

Nevertheless, I'm still asking for the $50 back! I'll let you know how it goes....

2. Dell's price protection offer
------------------------------

Dell's price protection offer is not a stated policy. This offer is derived from Dell's Total Satisfaction Return Policy. Dell realizes that prices and components change very rapidly in the computer industry. As a courtesy to our customers, Dell's Customer Care division will, upon request, compare the most current price available to the price you were invoiced for. This review must be requested by the customer; it is not generated automatically.

The price protection review is made on an exact component-by-component basis and the price may go up or down. This comparison does not take into account any promotions or special discounts. If the system price drop is $50 or more, the amount of the price drop will be refunded back to you according to the original payment method (Credit card, payment terms, etc.).

The request for a price protection review will only be honored one time, and must be done within 30 days from the invoice date. If you wish to wait until closer to the 30th day, you can check via the Dell Web site to see if the price has changed. You must go to "Printable Summary view" and compare the part numbers listed on the invoice, to the part numbers listed on our Web site. Please remember that part numbers must be identical to qualify.

Please understand that after 30 days from the invoice date Dell can no longer extend the price protection offer.

kozak
11-12-2004, 08:21 PM
I just ordered mine from the accessories department. they have an additional $45 off. My total came out to be 404.10 with no tax or shipping (NYC).

globaloffice
11-13-2004, 03:25 PM
As a Dell enterprise customer I can tell you how they'll usually work it.

*Usually* they'll offer a $50-$75 coupon code off your next order rather than refund money. If that's not acceptable just politely tell them you want an RMA number and the tune frequently changes, although it depends on who's on the other end of the phone.

-Roger

famousdavis
11-18-2004, 03:01 AM
After a very long wait for Dell's Customer Service to respond, here's what they wrote:

Dear Mr. Davis,

Thank you for contacting Dell Online Customer Care.

I reviewed your mail and understand your concern regarding the price
drop.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused due to price drop of Axim X50v. Please note that price drop is only available for full system orders and can be applied only within the first 30 days of your invoice date.
Since your query pertains to Axim, I am unable to extend the price drop
courtesy.

However, as a customer care courtesy and in appreciation of you being a
valued customer, I am offering you a refund for $50.00. Your reference
number for this refund is xxxxxxx. Please allow Dell a time frame of
5-7 business days to process the request and credit back your Discover
card account..

We value you as our customer and your satisfaction is very important to
us.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your case number
for this interaction is xxxxxxx. Please keep this number for your
records; it will help us keep track of this issue so we can better
assist you if you have any further questions or concerns.

If there is anything additional you need or have any further queries or
concerns, please feel free to write back to or visit us at:

http://www.DellCustomerCare.com

Thank you and have a great day.

Respectfully,
Kevin
Rep ID 78189
7:00 AM-4: 30 PM Tue-Sat
Dell Online Customer Care

Darius Wey
11-18-2004, 04:18 AM
:clap: