View Full Version : SoftMaker To Offer TextMaker For $11.11 Again

Ed Hansberry
11-10-2004, 01:00 PM
<a href="http://www.softmaker.de/index_en.php">http://www.softmaker.de/index_en.php</a><br /><br />SoftMaker is counting down to November 11 when they will offer TextMaker, PlanMaker and Nyditot's Virtual Display for really low prices starting at $11.11. I think PlanMaker will be $22.22.<br /><br /><i>"Exactly on November 11 at 11:11 am German time, Carnival shifts into high gear in SoftMaker's hometown of Nürnberg – world-famous all over Germany. Samba in Rio? Bah! Mardi Gras? Forget it! We have carnival speeches, we dance the polonaise, and we drink way too much beer. Unexpected side effects of Carnival become apparent nine months later and go by the names of Hans and Franz."</i><br /><br />If you have been holding off on one of these packages, Thursday will be the day to pick them up! :D

ipaq_wannabe
11-10-2004, 01:10 PM
cant wait anymore...

can we have it now???

:devilboy:

SoftMaker
11-10-2004, 01:15 PM
cant wait anymore...

can we have it now???

Yes.

http://www.softmaker.de/orderp_en.htm

:D

ipaq_wannabe
11-10-2004, 01:17 PM
cant wait anymore...

can we have it now???

Yes.

kewl!!!

now i can have what ive always wanted...

thanks!!!

ps:japan is a little ahead... in the timezone... and just cant wait...

Deslock
11-10-2004, 02:05 PM
Before I go through the trouble of downloading and installing the demo, how well do these apps behave with WM2003SE VGA devices? More specifically, are the icons in the toolbar hi-res or are they ugly and blocky? Are cell borders two-pixels thick like in Pocket Excel? Also, are there any problems running in SE_VGA mode?

drop
11-10-2004, 03:00 PM
According to VGA Optimized Software List (http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=57079), TextMaker is optimized for VGA devices.

bigray327
11-10-2004, 03:36 PM
Yeah, it works flawlessly with real VGA. At $11, this is definitely a must-have.

Now if SoftMaker would just do the same with PlanMaker, I'd be happy. &lt;hint hint> :D

yankeejeep
11-10-2004, 03:44 PM
Both TextMaker and PlanMaker most recent releases work wonderfully with SE. Like every other app, they slow in landscape mode due to the way SE handles the display. But they are fully SE- and VGA-compatible. In my experience, they are the dynamic duo of the on-the-road Office equivalents. At the annual sale price of 11.11, this is a no-brainer.

Underwater Mike
11-10-2004, 03:55 PM
I bought TextMaker when it first came out, at full price. (I don't remember what that was, but it wasn't cheap.) I think that it and PI are the two best investments I ever made for my PPC. I use TM constantly on my X5, even though the device itself can be a little pokey. And Softmaker's support and commitment to the product are nothing short of incredible. :rock on dude!:

I'd buy PlanMaker, too, if I had a VGA screen...

bigkingfun
11-10-2004, 04:10 PM
I bought Textmaker last year when they had this deal. It's a fantastic program and puts Pocket Word to shame (although that wouldn't take much I suppose). I always thought it was too pricey until they had this deal but having used it for a while, I think it would be worth the normal cost. The sale price makes it a steal.

Jonathan1
11-10-2004, 04:20 PM
Yes.

You rock :)

Sunnyone
11-10-2004, 04:37 PM
Is anyone else having problems ordering from the Softmaker website? I keep getting error messages that I haven't filled out all of the required fields on the order form. But, of course, I have. Hmmm.

ctmagnus
11-10-2004, 04:40 PM
Aauuugghhh! Their cc page doesn't work with Google Toolbar! I haven't entered a credit card # in ages!

Side note: :way to go:

christak
11-10-2004, 04:59 PM
Bought Textmaker last year for $11.11 -- Outstanding!!

Just ordered Planmaker for $22.22 -- Can't wait!!

8)

dma1965
11-10-2004, 05:10 PM
Almost bought Planmaker but decided not to because it takes FOREVER to open a spreadsheet on my iPaq 4155 with it.

welovejesus
11-10-2004, 05:15 PM
Just wanted to express my thanks to the SoftMaker team for the order link (http://www.softmaker.de/orderp_en.htm)! Pocket PC Thoughts is a great way to communicate with your customers. :)

dochall
11-10-2004, 06:18 PM
Thanks for that. I have got both textmaker and planmaker on my 4700 and was just about to order them full price - so that's saved me quite a bit of cash.

Somebody should be persuading microsoft to do a Compaq and include pocket informant and the softmaker products in the next edition of Windows Mobile. They're all great products which seriously beef up the effectiveness of the ppc.

ipaq_wannabe
11-10-2004, 11:32 PM
Somebody should be persuading microsoft to do a Compaq and include pocket informant and the softmaker products in the next edition of Windows Mobile. They're all great products which seriously beef up the effectiveness of the ppc.

a futile undertaking? microsoft is one of the most dense companies in the world today...

as mentioned in a different thread, m$ doesnt even seem to listen to its own mvps...

:(

yawanag
11-10-2004, 11:49 PM
I wanted to kick myself in the butt when I let this pass last year. I'm glad it was repeated again this year. I have it on order. Thanks to Soft Maker and PPCT.

wbgordy
11-11-2004, 12:00 AM
Has anyone received their download instructions for PlanMaker? I ordered mine several hours ago and have not.

upplepop
11-11-2004, 12:16 AM
Has anyone received their download instructions for PlanMaker? I ordered mine several hours ago and have not.

When they ran this promotion last year (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20433), it took a few days for them to process all of the orders. Just give them a little time :wink:

ipaq_wannabe
11-11-2004, 12:17 AM

it usually takes some time, i received mine about some hours back, too...

just download the trial, then use the registration code that will follow later...

dochall
11-11-2004, 12:18 AM

If you read the confirmation it says that credit card authorisation can take up to a day so hang on in there. I suspect they may have a lot of cards to authorise.

wbgordy
11-11-2004, 12:25 AM
:oops:

Thx everyone, just inpatient.

Yorri
11-11-2004, 03:59 PM
They will email me back and say there was an error and I will miss out 8O

christak
11-11-2004, 04:52 PM
Got mine... PlanMaker on my 2210... 8)

PPCRules
11-11-2004, 08:18 PM
They will email me back and say there was an error and I will miss out 8O
Don't worry. I think they are a good group; albeit busy right now. Last year I had clicked wrong on the order and selected the wrong product. Didn't realize it until I got the email download instructions for handheld PC. I emailed them explaining my error and my intent, and it wasn't long before I got a new email with the PocketPC link and reg code. I think they want you as a customer enough that they would work to figure out any error.

Ordered PlanMaker. Trying out the N---- Virtual Display product; working better than when I had last tried it; have to decide soon about that. 9 bucks is 9 bucks.

sracer
11-11-2004, 08:35 PM
I got in on the $11.11 TextMaker deal last year. I'm a bit disappointed that PlanMaker is $22.22 this year. :( I don't use the spreadsheet enough to justify that.

Yorri
11-11-2004, 08:53 PM
Don't worry. I think they are a good group;

I'm Sure. I got the confirmation email so at worst I have to wait, no big deal. I have done without their software before but Textmaker is so awesome that I would love to have it for this price.

Deslock
11-11-2004, 10:36 PM
I was excited by the prospect of getting TextMaker and PlanMaker for $33, but I'm underwhelmed by the demos:
You have to installl via ActiveSync. WTF is with these developers that don't offer the option to download the CAB file?
Both TextMaker and PlanMaker take 20+ seconds to open (on my 624MHz hx4700!)
This one isn't a big deal, but the icons are ugly and blocky, even after I've used VGA-Brute-Force ala Tweaks2k2 (so much for PPC's seamless support of multiple resolutions).

But if you absolutely needed a better word processor and spreadsheet, this seems like a good deal.

ctmagnus
11-11-2004, 11:34 PM
HP BT keyboard, here I come! 8)

Janak Parekh
11-11-2004, 11:43 PM
Did you install it on a storage card? That adds quite some overhead to the startup time.

--janak

christak
11-12-2004, 12:40 AM

That's ridiculous... I've had TextMaker for a year and just bought PlanMaker today... I currently have both installed on a 512MB Kingston SD card and they don't take anywhere near that long to open on my 2210... TextMaker takes 3 seconds to come up and PlanMaker takes about 6 seconds...

Maybe those 4700's aren't all they're cracked up to be...

:wink:

SHC
11-12-2004, 11:59 AM
I nearly paid full whack for textmaker 2 weeks ago, got it for €11.11 yesterday - I would have been ******* (insert own expletive)off if I missed this excellent deal.
BTW I have it on a SD card and it took 15 seconds to open on my 4700.

christak
11-13-2004, 01:35 AM
...BTW I have it on a SD card and it took 15 seconds to open on my 4700.

I'm honestly shocked by the times you 4700 owners are reporting... :(

disconnected
11-13-2004, 07:10 AM
I don't have either of these apps, but, in general, I haven't noticed any blazing speed from my new 4700. If anything, it seems a little slower than the 5500. The screen is nice, but other than that, I'm kind of underwhelmed. And I really, really miss the extra RAM that the 5500 had.

billbuckner
11-13-2004, 02:35 PM
Still didn't get the notification eMail... it's been 2 days.

ipaq_wannabe
11-15-2004, 10:56 PM
i guess that crosses of the RX for me...

in my career, access to information is at best the priority - i need to have access to information i need, information i want, when i want, and where i want it; and i want it delivered to me, well, fast... :twisted:

however, if a device purported to be fast, is slower than most (even older models), then what use would one get it for?

frankly, when the new RX was announced, even i was amazed on "huh!?! 64MB SDRAM???"

-@PIE@Loox

Kati Compton
11-16-2004, 12:21 AM
Did you install it on a storage card? That adds quite some overhead to the startup time.
BTW - I installed TextMaker on my x50v's ROM, and it's about 10-12 seconds to start. But I have some other stuff running, so that might be affecting it too.